It’s an exciting time for those of us involved in the RSA Archer community. In the face of tough competition from a number of strong entries outlining how organizations have used RSA Archer to transform their businesses, the winners of the GRC Innovation Awards have been chosen. Congratulations to Aon, whose team received their trophy at the RSA Archer Roadshow on 6th November.
Aon is a global provider of risk management, insurance, brokerage, reinsurance brokerage, human resource consulting and outsourcing services. It is a Global Fortune 500 organization with 62,000 employees, supporting three regions in 126 countries with three key business units.
The Security Risk Management (SRM) organization is an internal function supporting and governing the security needs of Aon’s business units and regions globally. As the organization matured, it faced an increasingly complex array of requirements, and implemented RSA Archer to help manage all security aspects associated with Aon’s supply base and client base, and to support the integration of risk management functions globally into one, all-encompassing process.
The deployment has driven improvements across a range of business areas, including:
- Better coordinated risk activities and enhanced business processes
- Matured security risk programs
- Improved business processes and efficiencies
- Increased risk transparency across the organization, which feeds risk-based decision making.
Besides the business value that the project has added, it features a number of innovative elements that made it stand out for the judges. For example:
- The Vendor Management module is built on a two-instance architecture that allows external suppliers to provide responses to Aon questionnaires directly into SRM’s system, without compromising security.
- The Risk Management module uses a three-tiered stackable risk register to allow for consolidation of regional risks onto broad global risks
Aon plans to build upon the success of the RSA Archer implementation by executing the remaining phases of its roadmap which will include new modules and functionality.
Congratulations to Aon on its well-deserved win! We look forward to seeing where it will go next with its RSA Archer technologies..