It seems like yesterday that I announced the release of RSA Archer 6.4 SP1 with updates to several key use cases and some exciting platform enhancements but here we are again with more exciting news. I am happy to announce general availability of RSA Archer Release 6.5. This release focused mainly on enhancing several areas of the RSA Archer platform with updates in user interface, performance, workflow and reporting. Additionally, we continue to see risk programs maturing and have developed a Scenario Analysis and Delegated Authorities approach for the RSA Archer Top Down Risk Assessment use case.
Use Case Updates
As companies continue to mature their programs and target integrated risk management capabilities, we focused on a key element of our Enterprise and Operational Risk Management solution - RSA Archer Top-Down Risk Assessment. This use case is designed to help your organization implement a standardized approach to building and maintaining a risk register and supports multiple types of assessment approaches. We have added a new Scenario application enabling risk teams to create “what if” scenarios, adjust the granularity level of the assessment and tie them to risk register records providing more precise analysis as risk owners assess risk. These scenarios can be built into a new Scenario Library application. Risk teams can create and manage a set of scenario templates that can be used to easily create new scenario records. Additionally, new functionality adds the ability to manage Delegated authorities on risks. This concept is critical in risk management processes allowing risk teams to to route risks for acceptance to users that have been assigned to a defined acceptance level for each business unit. With Delegated Authorities, risk assessment processes can more quickly and efficiently route risks for review at the appropriate functional level of approval.
Updates to the record permission structure have been made to RSA Archer Crisis Management and RSA Archer Business Continuity & IT Disaster Recovery Planning use cases to prepare for some exciting upcoming integrations. Keep an eye out for those in the near future.
RSA Archer Release 6.5 delivers a number of enhancements and new functionality to the RSA Archer Platform. These include performance improvements for faster ingestion and more efficient management of data at scale, new Advanced Workflow functionality for greater ease of use, new export and reporting capabilities, and a variety of usability, accessibility, and User Interface improvements. These are only some of the highlights so make sure you read the Product Advisory for more details.
Several of the new features focus on Usability, accessibility, and UI enhancements including Field-level encryption for Attachments and Images and Inline edit for Calculated Cross-Reference and Related Record fields. Our User interface improvements continue with visual adjustments on Record and Questionnaire pages. Additionally, since RSA Archer is used as a key reporting source for business and executive users, we have added several data export and reporting enhancements. An updated Content API offers the ability to save content, fetch tasks and retrieve related records improving the ability to integrate into external systems such as business intelligence tools. We have also made visual improvements for default chart settings and updated the Microsoft Excel-based export functionality allows users to export up to a million records in a single file. Finally, a new dashboard export to Microsoft PowerPoint format not only streamlines output from RSA Archer for presentations, it also provides users the ability to include data and edit the PowerPoint before sharing RSA Archer dashboards.
An Advanced Workflow enhancement includes new functionality that allows system administrators to make bulk changes to their advanced workflow business process and move enrolled records to the new workflow version. UI improvements also have been added to provide a new full-screen option for Advanced Workflow Designer making it easier to view and edit large or complex workflows.
Finally, as usual, we continue to make Performance enhancements.
- Support for SQL 2016 SP1 and SQL 2017 enables future Platform features and brings several Enterprise Edition capabilities to the Standard Edition, which many customers run to power their RSA Archer implementations.
- Our new Data Gateway allows customers with large data sets in external system to connect to RSA Archer and continues to expand with the ability to notify RSA Archer of changes in the external subsystem and allows RSA Archer to trigger calculations.
- Our added support for independent licensing of Elasticsearch for Keyword and GlobalSearch allows for faster and more efficient indexing of content for search purposes, performing "at scale" when large record volumes are present.
- Bulk Actions Dynamic Field Population enables users to dynamically populate a text field in content created during a Bulk Actions creation activity. This enables text fields to be built from multiple attributes to give fields like Title and Description more context during the bulk creation process.
- Job Engine improvements help reduce overhead and total runtime and provide additional measures for administrators to control how the Job Engine operates.
For more information, please read the Product Advisory.