A common question we get asked... "How many reports are there within RSA IGL"
The answer: LOADS!
Within RSA IGL we have a LOAD of out the box (OTB) reports included and shipped as standard.
All these reports can be found in the UI, by going to “Reports/Tabular” then “Create Report” button at the top.
From here you can find a lot of OTB reports by using the “type” and “Template” dropdowns.
For example, if you wanted a report on all your orphan accounts, you would select “Account” and then “Orphaned Accounts” - thats it! really simple
If you want a simple way to see all the reports you have in the system overall, you can execute the following query, either within something like SQL Developer or create a new a report within the UI itself
Select * from V_LIST_REPORTS;
This table tells you all the reports you have in your enviroment, both OTB and any you have also created as well.
Steps to create this in the UI are as follows
Note: this takes <5minutes to complete
- Log in as an admin user or as a user who can create reports
- Go to “Reports/Tabular”
- Click “Create Report” button
- Give you report a title and some details so you know what its for in future.
- Click the “Query” tab at the top
- Add the following SQL query:
(select * from avuser.V_LIST_REPORTS)Note: makes sure you wrap you the SQL in parenthesis “(“ and “)”
- Click the “Columns” tab
- Select only the following columns in the right-hand pane called “Displayed Columns” – everything else should be moved to the right.
- Click on “preview” button at the bottom to check its worked.These are more nice to have changes, that might make the report look a bit better, in my opinion
- Go to the “Grouping and Sorting” tab
- Select “Report Type” under Grouping, so that we can see the groups of reports we have created
Click the “style” button at the bottom of the row
- Click "OK" to save and exit your report
Thats it, all done!