|Applies To||RSA Product Set: SecurID|
RSA Product/Service Type: Authentication Manager
RSA Version/Condition: 8.2.1, 8.3
|Issue||If a user logs into the Authentication Manager Self-Service Console and tries to request a token the following error displays: |
SOFTWARE_TOKEN_NOT_AVAILABLE_IN_SYSTEM_WITH_EXP_CRITERIA Software token of the requested type is not available in your security domain scope in the expiration criteria configured in System Settings > Tokens.
- There are no unassigned tokens available within the Authentication Manager database, and/or
- When a token is requested from Self-Service Console with workflow policy for provisioning set to 0 approval, the Authentication Manager automatically assigns the next available token in the database that can be an expired token from the unassigned tokens pool. Expiration criteria for tokens configured in System Settings is valid, however the expired tokens in the database are populated for assignment upon user request.
|Resolution||Delete the expired tokens from the Authentication Manager database.|
- In the Security Console, click Authentication > SecurID Tokens > Manage Existing.
- Click the Unassigned tab and under Search Criteria, under For, select Expired Tokens .
- Click Search.
- Place a check next to the expired tokens listed, and choose 'delete' in the dropdown box above the full list and click Go.bbb
- When prompted, click OK.