|Applies To||RSA Product Set: SecurID|
RSA Product/Service Type: Authentication Manager
RSA Version/Condition: 8.x
|Issue||Upgrading Authentication Manager using Windows Share folder as a source fails with the following error:|
|Verifying free disk space 14/12/18 12.54.13 CET ||Completed|
|Mounting Windows share 14/12/18 12.54.13 CET ||Completed|
|Copying update to local filesystem 14/12/18 12.54.14 CET ||Failed|
|Unmounting Windows share 14/12/18 12.54.14 CET||Completed|
|Mounting update ||Skipped|
|Verifying update integrity ||Skipped|
|Preparing update installer ||Skipped|
|Launching update installer ||Skipped|
In the Advanced view, a permission denied error is seen:
Free Disk Space Check:
Required Free Disk Space: 4096MB
Actual Free Disk Space : 75885MB
[INFO] Mounting device CIFS to /tmp/rsa_update/cifs_root.
Caching update to /opt/rsa/am/updates/iso/CIFS-22.214.171.124.0-build1404545.iso
Error: Failed to cache patch: /tmp/rsa_update/cifs_root/am-update-126.96.36.199.0.iso (Permission denied)
[INFO] Unmounting device CIFS from /tmp/rsa_update/cifs_root.
Failed to launch the update installer to apply the update AM 8.3 P 05.
|Cause||This issue will occur if:|
- Incorrect permission assigned to the user used to access the Windows Share folder.
- Even if the folder/file has full control permission assigned to Everyone this will fail. The user must be explicitly assigned full control permission to the windows folder
- The Windows Share folder should have Full Control permission assigned to user as shown below.
- Explicitly assign this user full control permission to the Windows folder. If you have full control permission assigned to Everyone on the Windows folder this will still cause permission denied errors.
- If the user is a domain user, make sure to enter the username in the User Name field in the format of Domain\User, rather than just user. DO this in the Operation Console under Maintenance > Update & Rollback > Configure update source.