RSA announces general availability of RSA Archer Release 6.6. This release delivers a number of enhancements and new functionality to the RSA Archer Platform, as well as updates for the RSA Archer Key Risk Indicator, RSA Archer Corporate Obligations Management, and RSA Archer IT Regulatory Management use cases.
Release 6.6 is immediately available in all languages supported by RSA Archer, including English, Chinese (simplified), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, and Spanish.
Updates to RSA Archer use cases in this release include:
- The RSA Archer Key Indicator Management use case has been updated to automatically enroll past due active metrics or metrics that do not have recorded results into workflow. Metric owners are notified that action is required and can then determine the appropriate remediation actions for the metric. For this use case, the Release 6.6 update and documentation are only available in English within the RSA Archer Solution Master installation. However, the use case is available for download in the seven supported languages on the RSA Archer Solutions & Use Cases subspace on RSA Link. In addition, the use case documentation is only available in English.
- The RSA Archer Corporate Obligations Management and RSA Archer IT Regulatory Management use cases have been updated to move the pre-configured data feeds from the use case package to the RSA Exchange. There are now 16 feeds available for from the to enable configuration based on customers’ regulatory requirements. New data feeds are available for the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- The new RSA Archer Enterprise Catalog package aggregates frequently-updated shared applications across multiple use cases, such as Business Unit, Business Processes, Applications and more, to simplify the update process. This package does not require new licensing. The package is a prerequisite that must be installed for many RSA Archer use cases for Release 6.5 or later. Please refer to the Help documentation for more information and installation instructions.
- Updated documentation for the RSA Archer Issues Management use case includes content to assist end users with managing findings, exception requests, and remediation plans.
Updates to the RSA Archer Platform in this release include:
- Search and reporting enhancements:
- New Refine By pane appears on the search results page enabling common faceting capabilities for users to view the distribution totals and filter the results set by field attributes. The results set can be saved as a report for reuse.
- New Manage Display Columns allows users to add, remove, and reorder display fields directly from the search results page.
- When selecting an application or questionnaire from the navigation menu, the results display the updated standard search results format rather than the Record Browser format, providing a more consistent user experience when working with search results.
- Global Search prioritizes content that matches the Key Field, Tracking ID, or both in the result set, allowing this content to appear first in the returned results.
- Type-ahead capability for Global Search provides search suggestions which appear in a dropdown menu in real-time as text is entered.
- New Featured Metric report option provides the output of a single value to visually highlight important data for quick consumption.
- Reports in map display capability supports multiple data layers from a single application, mapping by latitude and longitude values, display of a single pin for a mapped area with a cluster of pins, and the ability to export of values within an area the user specifies.
- Updated heat map and scatter reports can chart search criteria with up to 9,999 return value points.
- Usability enhancements:
- iView frame is highlighted and scroll bar activated only when the user hovers over iViews.
- Updated color palette for table grids on pages for reports, advanced search, cross references, related records and sub forms.
- Dashboard support for six-column iView layouts.
- New right-click secondary menu enables faster access to search result or record page options based on the user's permissions.
- Updated Rich Text Editor allows users to copy and paste blocks of text with embedded images into a text field.
- New images, icons and report styling options are available for use in values lists, quick links, notifications and more.
- Silverlight has been removed in back office pages for package installation (does not include package mapping capabilities), security parameters, and manage users.
- Advanced Workflow enhancements:
- New Advanced Workflow Actions by Email enables users to complete workflow actions, such as approving or rejecting a record, by clicking on an action within email. This capability is currently available only for on-premise environments.
- New Advanced Workflow Scheduling offers a new action type, enabling content to automatically enroll in workflow based on filter criteria.
- New custom validation messages for on-demand enrollment and transition rules enable administrators to provide users with more specific error messages.
- Order the user action buttons displayed on the record page.
- Exit a record while it is being processed without disrupting the advanced workflow process.
- Performance improvements:
- New Data Gateway Flexible SQL Connector enables RSA Archer to connect to a SQL database without the need to code a custom connector. This feature requires RSA Professional Services for implementation.
- Support for optional integration with Elasticsearch, a third-party component,now includes Advanced Search (in addition to existing support for Keyword and Global Search) for faster and more efficient indexing of content, performing at scale when large record volumes are present.
- Support for ScaleOut StateServer and Redis for caching capabilities enables use of an independent cache service license. An out-of-the-box caching service is no longer supported or included as part of release installation.
- Packaging Data Feeds allows multiple data feeds to be included within the same use case package.
- Job Engine improvements remove inactive jobs to reduce the job engine load and improve performance.
- Indexing improvements provide administrators the option to refresh the index in place, allowing content that was already indexed to remain until the specific record is reprocessed as a part of the index rebuild cycle.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 RTM Enterprise Edition is no longer supported. If the environment is running SQL Server 2016, update to version SP1 or above.
Updates to RSA Archer Platform and Use Case documentation include:
- Documentation will no longer be published in PDF format for the Platform or Use Cases. Online documentation is built into the RSA Archer Platform and available on RSA Link in the RSA Archer subspace, as well as a new subspace for .
- Details on new and updated features delivered in releases are now included in the Release Notes. A separate What’s New Guide will no longer be published.
- Updated definitions for On-Demand Applications (ODAs) and the application status lifecycle are now included in the Release Notes.
RSA recommends that customers running RSA Archer Releases 5.5, 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, or 6.5+ apply this latest update. Please note that all releases are cumulative.
To upgrade to RSA Archer Release 6.6 from RSA Archer Release 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, or 6.5:
- Download the Release 6.6 installer on RSA Link.
- A new license key is NOT required.
To upgrade to RSA Archer Release 6.6 from RSA Archer Release 6.0 or earlier requires a new license key that is specific to your environment.
- To obtain a new RSA Archer Release 6.6 license key, please follow these instructions.
- DO NOT install the new 6.6 license key to your 5.x or 6.0 environment. Doing so could result in some content becoming unavailable.
To read the Release Notes for RSA Archer Release 6.6 and additional release documentation, please visit the subspace on the private on RSA Link. Not yet a member of RSA Link? Register for an account on RSA Link with access to the private RSA Archer Customer/Partner Community.