|Applies To||RSA Product Set: Security Analytics|
RSA Product/Servie Type: Security Analytics Hybrid, PowerValut
RSA Version/Condition: 188.8.131.52 or 10.6.6 above
Platform(Other): O/S Version: EL6 /EL7
|Issue||When installing Power Vault storage with a Netwitness Series 6(S6) Hybrid (Dell R740), may encounter below issues:|
- The NW system will not recognize PowerVault storage in nwraidutil.pl.
- No light on PERC card.
- On the S6 Hybrid appliance, the PERC card is inverted compared to the Core appliances.
- Since the PERC cards are located just above the appliance handle, it makes plugging the SAS cable really difficulty.
- With PowerVault storage, there is a rocker switch on each power supply that needs to be turned on after plugging it in. If the PowerValue is plugged in, but the switch is OFF, there will be no link light on the PERC card.
- Make sure when the SAS cable gets plugged in, the blue tab on the cable will face downward as shown in the picture below.
- When connecting SAS cable, lift up on the SAS cable to move the PERC card up a bit to create some clearance between PERC card and appliance slot, to get the cable to seat, as shown in the picture below.
- Make sure to turn rocker switch ON. See the picture below for location of the switch and the behavior between ON and OFF positions.