These instructions tell you how to upgrade virtual hosts from 10.6.6.x to 184.108.40.206.
There are five tasks you must complete to migrate from 10.6.6.x to 220.127.116.11:
Select the 10.6.6.x EC2 Instance and navigate to Actions. Click Image and then select Create Image.
If the stack contains Log Collector then prepare Log Collector for the migration:
1. Navigate to /opt/rsa/nwlogcollector/nwtools/ and run the below command:
sh prepare-for-migrate.sh –-prepare
2. Download backup scripts from GitHub: https://github.rsa.lab.emc.com/asoc/nw-backup (maintenance-11.0) and place it anywhere in a computer running an RPM-based Linux distribution (RHEL or CentOS for example) with a large amount of free hard drive space. In many cases the SA server will suffice. Now, navigate to scripts directory inside ‘nw-backup-master’ and run the following commands:
./get-all-systems.sh <SA server-IP>
Its safe to copy a backup of the tar balls created at /var/netwitness/database, in some safe location (not mandatory).
Before starting the restore process, if you have ESA deployment then copy the files <hostname>-<IP>-controldata-mongodb.tar.gz & <hostname>-<IP>-controldata-mongodb.tar.gz.sha256 from the location /opt/rsa/database/nw-backup of ESA VM to /var/netwitness/database/nw-backup/ of SA VM.
Select the 10.6.6.x EC2 instance and navigate to Actions and then click Stop.
Click on Volumes and then select the 10.6.6.x instance volumes to detach Actions and then select Detach Volume.
- Click on Instances and then select the Instance.
- Click Actions and navigate to Instance State.
- Click Terminate
1. During the creation of EC2 instance, provide the IP address from task4. Click on AMIs and select 11.0 AMI.
2. Click Actions and then click Launch.
3. Assign the retained IP for the appropriate instances (IP retention). For example, If 10.6.1.xSA instance IP is 172.24.184.63 . Then assign the same IP(172.24.184.63) for 18.104.22.168 Instance.
After NW 22.214.171.124 instance is deployed, stop the 11.0 instance and attach the available 10.6.1.x volumes (except the 'OS disk') to 126.96.36.199 instances.
1. Click on Volumes.
2. Select the 10.6.6.x instance volume to attach.
3. Click Actions and then select Attach Volume.
4. Enter the 188.8.131.52 instance ID to which the volume has to be attached.
5. Power ON all the 184.108.40.206 instances once all the disks are attached.
Execute the following steps for copying the backup data on SA, LD/LC, PD, Concentrator, Archiver, Broker:
- Create a directory under /tmp/ by the name nwhome.
- Mount VolGroup00-nwhome on /tmp/nwhome/ and make sure /var/netwitness/database/ directory is present.
mount /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-nwhome /tmp/nwhome/
- Copy the contents of /tmp/nwhome/ directory to /var/netwitness/.
- Unmount VolGroup00-nwhome from /tmp/nwhome/
umount /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-nwhome /tmp/nwhome/
Follow these steps for ESA:
- Create a directory under /tmp/ by the name apps.
- Mount VolGroup01-apps temporarily on /tmp/apps/
mount /dev/mapper/VolGroup01-apps /tmp/apps/
- Copy nw-backup directory from here to /var/netwitness
cp -r /tmp/apps/database/nw-backup /var/netwitness
- Unmount VolGroup01-apps from /tmp/apps/
- Add the following entries in /etc/fstab for mounts:(Disk Mounting) and then run mount -a
/dev/mapper/VolGroup01-ipdbext /var/netwitness/ipdbextractor/ xfs defaults,noatime,nosuid 1 2
/dev/mapper/VolGroup02-redb /var/netwitness/database/ xfs defaults,noatime,nosuid 1 2
/dev/mapper/VolGroup01-decoroot /var/netwitness/logdecoder ext4 defaults,noatime,nosuid 1 2
/dev/mapper/VolGroup01-index /var/netwitness/logdecoder/index xfs defaults,noatime,nosuid 1 2
/dev/mapper/VolGroup01-sessiondb /var/netwitness/logdecoder/sessiondb xfs defaults,noatime,nosuid 1 2
/dev/mapper/VolGroup01-metadb /var/netwitness/logdecoder/metadb xfs defaults,noatime,nosuid 1 2
/dev/mapper/VolGroup01-logcoll /var/netwitness/logcollector xfs defaults,noatime,nosuid 1 2
/dev/mapper/VolGroup01-packetdb /var/netwitness/logdecoder/packetdb xfs defaults,noatime,nosuid 1 2
dev/mapper/VolGroup01-decoroot /var/netwitness/decoder ext4 defaults,noatime,nosuid 1 2
/dev/mapper/VolGroup01-sessiondb /var/netwitness/decoder/sessiondb xfs defaults,noatime,nosuid 1 2
/dev/mapper/VolGroup01-index /var/netwitness/decoder/index xfs defaults,noatime,nosuid 1 2
/dev/mapper/VolGroup01-metadb /var/netwitness/decoder/metadb xfs defaults,noatime,nosuid 1 2
/dev/mapper/VolGroup01-packetdb /var/netwitness/decoder/packetdb xfs defaults,noatime,nosuid 1 2
/dev/mapper/VolGroup01-concroot /var/netwitness/concentrator ext4 defaults,noatime,nosuid 1 2
/dev/mapper/VolGroup01-sessiondb /var/netwitness/concentrator/sessiondb xfs defaults,nosuid,noatime 1 2
/dev/mapper/VolGroup01-index /var/netwitness/concentrator/index xfs defaults,noatime,nosuid 1 2
/dev/mapper/VolGroup01-metadb /var/netwitness/concentrator/metadb xfs defaults,noatime,nosuid 1 2
/dev/mapper/VolGroup01-archiver /var/netwitness/archiver xfs defaults,nosuid,noatime 1 2
/dev/mapper/VolGroup02-workbench /var/netwitness/workbench xfs defaults,nosuid,noatime 1 2
/dev/mapper/VolGroup01-broker /var/netwitness/broker xfs defaults,nosuid,noatime 1 2
- Then run mount command
Execute the command to set the hostname: hostnamectl set-hostname <hostname>
Login to SA Sever CLI and run nwsetup-tui script for rest of the process completion.
Run 'nwsetup-cli' on rest of the components for Bootstrap and Orchestration. For more information, refer to the Set Up Virtual Hosts in 11.3 section.