|Applies To||RSA Product Set: Adaptive Authentication (OnPrem)|
RSA Version/Condition: 7.x
|Issue||This article explains the information needed to investigate connectivity issues to the EFN (eFraudNetwork)|
The RSA eFraudNetwork service is a collaboration of organizations that share information on fraudulent activity. This information is used as a factor in the risk
analysis of a given transaction.
|Resolution||Information needed from the customer to further investigate the issue:|
- Was EFN setup for this customer when they installed RSA Adaptive Authentication (on Premise) the very first time they went live?
- Determine the external IP address for the server where Scheduler, BackOffice and Adaptive Authentication application is deployed?
- Is the firewall request and whitelisting the external IP completed on RSA side for the IP address that the customer is using to connect?
- Was the EFN SSL certificate installed?
- Do they have a valid EFN account and if the password is still valid or needs a reset?
- Collect the scheduler logs if EFN scheduled tasks are enabled and running?
- Perform a nslookup to secureft.efraudnetwork.net and see which IP it resolves to?
- Is the EFN IP whitelisted on the customer firewall?
- Perform telnet from Scheduler server to secureft.efraudnetwork.net through port 443 and collect the results.
- Perform a traceroute to the secureft.efraudnetwork.net server from the Scheduler server and collect the output.