|Resolution||The installation requires a ScaleOut StateServer Server Deployment and the ScaleOut StateServer Client installed on servers with Archer software installed. The installer contains both the Server and Client software.|
- Launch the installer.
- At the welcome screen, click Next.
- Check the license agreement and click Next.
- Choose Full Installation and click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click Finish.
- The ScaleOut Management Console will launch.
- Under Local Store, click on the server IP address then switch to the Host Configuration option on the menu.
- ScaleOut StateServer requires a license. Enter the license information.
- Note the Server Port. You will need this for the client install.
- It is optional, but you can select Join on start.
- Click Apply and the red icons in the Connections pane should turn green.
A successful configuration looks like this:
Client install (Done on every server with Archer software installed)
- Launch the same installer as above, this time choose Remote Client. The rest of the screens are the same as the server, so they are not included here.
- Once the install completes the ScaleOut Management Console is opened, but this time you have to configure the client to connect to the server.
- Enter the IP address of the ScaleOut StateServer you created earlier.
- Verify that the Management and Server ports match the server. You can find them on the Host Configuration screen of the server's ScaleOut Management Console.
- Click Add. If all is good, the server icon should change to green.
- If you get connectivity errors at this point, either the server is not running or a network device is blocking the traffic. If you got this far in the instructions the server is running, so check to see if a firewall is at play.
Configure the Archer Control Panel to use ScaleOut StateServer for Caching.
- Open up the ACP and go to the Installation Settings > General tab. Scroll down to Caching Solution section and use the Caching Option drop down to select ScaleOut StateServer.
- Click the Test Availability button. Success looks like this:
- If it fails, check to make sure the ScaleOut StateServer client that is installed on the same machine works by opening up the ScaleOut StateServer Management Console and checking the status. If that is good, check the Archer Control Panel logs.
- Restart both the ScaleOut StateServer deployment and all of the Archer Web Servers and to complete the install and configuration.