Resolved as of May 29: RSA SecurID Authenticate for iOS is now available in all regions in the App Store.
Updates for May 28:
- 5 pm ET: RSA has started a phased release for the updated app in the App Store. The updated app should be available in all regions by tomorrow morning.
- 12 pm ET: RSA and customers continue to test the updated app that resolves the issues. We will provide another update later today.
- 10 am ET: RSA and customers continued to test the new app over the weekend. We will provide another update at 12 pm ET.
Updates for May 24:
8 pm ET: RSA will continue testing the new version of the RSA SecurID Authenticate app over the weekend. An updated version of the app will be available in the App Store next week. We will notify you when it is available.
To summarize this issue:
- If your users are on versions 2.2 or 3.0 of the app and it is working properly, the users do not need to take any action.
- If your users are on version 3.0 of the app and it is not working, instruct the user to delete the device in My Page or have an administrator delete the user's device in the Cloud Administration Console. Then instruct the user to re-register. Do not delete the app.
RSA is performing a root cause analysis of this issue to minimize similar situations in the future.
- 5:20 pm ET: RSA continues testing the new version of the app. We will provide another update by 8 pm ET.
- 3:20 pm ET: RSA continues testing the new version of the app. Note that this issue affects only some RSA SecurID Authenticate for iOS users who have updated to version 3.0. Users who have updated to version 3.0 and are successfully authenticating do not need to take any action. This issue does not impact RSA SecurID Token for iOS users. We will provide another update by 5 pm ET.
- 1:30 pm ET: RSA has identified the issue and is testing a new version of the app. We have reached out to several customers to assist with testing the new version. If testing is successful, we will work with Apple to expedite the publishing of the app in the App Store. We will provide another update at 3 pm ET.
- 11 am ET: RSA is actively investigating the issue and is close to understanding the root causes. We will provide another update at 11:30 am ET.
Update for May 23 at 8 pm ET: RSA is urgently working to resolve the issue with the RSA SecurID Authenticate for iOS app. We will provide another update at 9 am ET on Friday, May 24. We apologize for the inconvenience.
As a temporary solution, the users can delete their devices in My Page and re-register. Or administrators can delete the users' devices in the Cloud Administration Console, and then instruct the users to re-register.
RSA has temporarily halted distribution of the RSA SecurID Authenticate for iOS app. The recently released version 3.0 requires users to re-register their devices with RSA SecurID Access because of a configuration issue. Users who have not updated their existing app to version 3.0 and can see this version in the Apple App Store should not update to it.
RSA will update the app in the App Store as soon as possible. Please refer to this advisory for further updates on this issue. We will publish an update on this issue here on May 23, 2019 at 8PM EST.
For additional documentation, downloads, and more, visit the page on RSA Link.
RSA has a defined End of Primary Support policy associated with all major versions. Please refer to the Product Version Life Cycle for additional details.