RSA Adaptive Authentication for eCommerce is a comprehensive authentication and fraud detection solution for the eCommerce market. The solution is based on the 3DSecure protocol (Visa Secure and Mastercard Identity Check) and is powered by risk-based authentication, an intelligent system that authenticates a user by measuring a series of risk indicators. Transparent authentication provides a user-experience in which a customer is only challenged in high-risk scenarios.
What's New in Adaptive Authentication for eCommerce 20.1
Adaptive Authentication for eCommerce 20.1 includes these enhancements and new features:
RSA Interface Expansion and Enhancements
RSA continues to expand its open authentication framework, offering additional in-house and external integration options with advanced authentication flows for cases when a frictionless transparent flow cannot be supported. This release includes:
- Support for these authentication methods:
- OTP Challenge Authentication
- Token Challenge Authentication
- Dynamic Challenge Authentication, in which the cardholder can select the challenge type.
- The introduction of the RSA Interface version 3.1, in addition to version 3.0
- RSA Interface v 3.x support for:
- 3DS 1.0 OOB flows
- 3DS 1.0 OTP (issuer all) flows
User Experience Enhancements
RSA leverages the elements introduced in EMV 3DS to provide an improved and smoother user experience. You can incorporate the issuer's look and feel to maintain brand context throughout transactions. This release includes these features:
- Configurable text including static text and dynamic transaction data for the user interface presented to cardholders
- Resending of OTP and token codes
- Support for text in multiple languages, configurable at the BIN level.
Speak to your RSA Customer Service representative for more information about these configurations.
Credit Card Network Support
This release of Adaptive Authentication for eCommerce includes:
- Mastercard SPA2 support
- Visa CAVV support
Enhanced Data Visibility and Transaction Flow Control
In this release, Adaptive Authentication for eCommerce provides increased data visibility and additional transaction control flow with these new features:
- Non-purchase Authentication (NPA) support
- Back Office API Support for EMV 3DS transactions
- Policy Management Support for PSD2 CRE facts. Due to new regulatory and business requirements, this release allows you to adjust rules and policies using facts that contain logical transaction and cardholder elements unrelated to risk assessment data.
Infrastructure and Security Enhancements
This release of Adaptive Authentication for eCommerce includes continued infrastructure and security enhancements to comply with industry and third-party standards and recommendations.
Additional Support for EMV 3DS Transactions
This release of Adaptive Authentication for eCommerce includes a new field in the FI Load and BIN Load files to indicate a configuration set that can be associated with the BIN for EMV 3DS transactions. For more information, see the Configuration Tools User Guide.
For additional documentation, downloads, and more, visit the RSA Adaptive Authentication for eCommerce page on RSA Link.
RSA has a defined End of Primary Support policy associated with all major versions. Please refer to the Product Version Life Cycle for additional details.