RSA announces the availability of RSA Mobile SDK 4.0. With this release, RSA provides new enhancements, certifications and fixed issues.
What's New in this Release
Support for Apple IPad and Android Tablets in the Authentication Module
The Mobile SDK Authentication Module includes support for iPad and tablets. These authentication methods are supported for iPad and Android tablets:
- One Time Password using Push Notification
- Biometric Authentication using Push Notification
- Transaction signing (Offline & Online) for the Payment event type. The online flow is supported using Push Notification.
Mobile SDK Authentication Module exposes the user interface customization properties for both mobile devices and Tablet/iPad. For more information, see the Mobile SDK Authentication Module Developer's Guide.
Note: The behavior of authentication methods with the same user enrolling from multiple devices, where the device can be a mobile, iPad, or Tablet, can differ in these ways:
- When a user enrolls for Out-Of-Band One Time Push Notification from multiple devices, the same One Time Password will be received in all the devices.
- Biometric Authentication is supported for one device per user only, where the device can be either a mobile, tablet, or iPad.
- When a user enrolls for Out-of-Band Transaction Signing from multiple devices, only the latest device used for enrollment will get the Push Notification.
Mobile SDK Data Collection Module as a Framework (for iOS only)
Adaptive Authentication Mobile SDK Modules now provide the Mobile SDK Data Collection Module as a framework for iOS, instead of a static library.
Note: From Adaptive Authentication Mobile SDK Modules 4.0.0 onwards, the module is delivered only as a framework, and not as a static library.
For more information, see Installing Mobile Data Collection Module in the Mobile SDK Data Collection Module Developer's Guide.
BitCode Enabled for Mobile SDK Authentication Module for iOS
The Mobile SDK Authentication Module for iOS is now compiled in BITCODE enabled mode.
New Time Zone Device Element for the Data Collection Module
The Mobile SDK Data Collection Module now features a TimeZone device element that provides the default timezone of the mobile device, which matches the Adaptive Authentication Web Channel transactions timezone format.
For more information, see the Collection Output Reference section in the Mobile SDK Data Collection Module Developer's Guide.
ProGuard Rules for Data Collection Module for Android
The Mobile SDK Data Collection Module now includes ProGuard rules for Android to obfuscate the application. For more information, see the Android Proguard Configuration section in the Mobile SDK Data Collection Module Developer's Guide.
The Mobile SDK Data Collection and Authentication Modules are certified for Android 10 (API version 29), iOS 13, and iPadOS 13 Beta 8.
- Leveraging push notifications through RSA Adaptive Authentication requires licensing the Azure Notification Hub directly with Microsoft. The overall challenge flow is unchanged, but the customer now manages the Notification Hub. The customer must set the table in Azure and follow RSA instructions, which includes creating an Azure table and performing some Azure API tasks, such as updating the API and cleaning up the API in the customer's Azure. RSA assumes no liability or responsibility for Azure service. For more information, contact your RSA representative and see Integrating Microsoft Azure in the On-Premise Installation and Upgrade Guide or Cloud Back Office User Guide.
- In iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 Beta 8, the view presentation style is changed from Full View to Modal View. Mobile SDK Authentication Module persist this framework supported behavior for iOS 13 and iPadOS 13.
Register to download the product package and documentation from RSA Link at https://community.rsa.com/docs/DOC-41815.
For additional documentation, downloads, and more, visit the RSA Adaptive Authentication page on RSA Link.
RSA has a defined End of Primary Support policy associated with all major versions. Please refer to the Product Version Life Cycle for additional details.