|Applies To||RSA Product Set: Archer|
RSA Product/Service Type: RSA Archer (SaaS)
RSA Version/Condition: 22.214.171.124
|Issue||When attempting to create a new record in an application, the content creation hangs for a long period of time and eventually displays a "504 Gateway Timeout" error message in the Archer User Interface.|
- The issue may be limited to a single application or impact a small number of applications.
- Record creation in other Archer applications on the same Archer instance may complete successfully.
|Cause||Incorrectly configured Calculated Cross-Reference fields can cause the record creation/content save operation to fail by overloading the database server with too much I/O for too many related records. |
|Resolution||A misconfigured calculated cross-reference field can associate tens of thousands of related records to a single record. In situations where this creates a large amounts of Database I/O load that takes a long time to process, it may cause content creation to fail and the AWS load balancer returns a "504 Gateway Timeout" error to the user's web browser due to the backend database server(s) being too busy to respond.|
- Run the attached "FindCalcXrefWithOver500RefsPerRecord.sql" against the Archer instance database to identify problematic Calculated Cross Reference fields
- Make a database backup of the Archer instance and move the copy to a non-Production environment.
- In the non-Production environment. Open the Archer application builder, either reconfigure the problematic calculated cross reference fields that were previously found by the query so they do not associate such large numbers of records to individual records, or remove the calculated cross reference fields.
- Confirm it resolves the issue in the non-Production environment for the quantity and content of the existing records.
- Perform any other changes as needed as a result of the changes to the cross-reference field (updating reports, data feeds, etc.), and migrate the changes to Production.