|Applies To||RSA Product Set: SecurID|
RSA Product/Service Type: Authentication Agent for Windows
RSA Version/Condition: 7.3, 7.4
|Issue||This article explains how to complete a silent installation of the RSA Authentication Agent 7.3 and 7.4 for Windows. The system will not require reboot after the installation.|
- Download the and extract it.
- Run the ConfigWizard inside it.
- Browse to the package that you want to configure, either RSA_Authentication_Agent_7.x.x\x64 or RSA_Authentication_Agent_7.x.x\x86.
- Follow the steps to generate a new configuration file for the agent.
- Enable auto-registration if needed, and download the server.cer (Access > Authentication Agents > Download Server Certificate file).
- When finished, save the .msi file with the same name as the installation agent; for example, RSA Authentication Agent x64.msi or RSA Authentication Agent x86.msi, depending on which file you chose in step 3.
- Open a command prompt as an administrator.
- Change directory to the directory where the .msi file was saved.
- Run the following command:
msiexec /qn /i "RSA Authentication Agent x64.msi" /norestart /lv Agent-Installation.txt
|Notes||The command above generates a log file that is called Agent-Installation.txt in the same location as the .msi file. This can be used to review the logs if any issues occurred during the installation.|