|Applies To||RSA Product Set: Access Manager|
RSA Product/Service Type: Access Manager
RSA Version/Condition: 6.2 or later
|Issue||Log in to RSA Access Manager Administration Console fails with the error "You are not connected to an Entitlements Server."|
Or, RSA Access Manager Administration Console startup fails with the error "You are not connected to an Entitlements Server.".
|Cause||The Entitlements Server is either not running or cannot be accessed by the Administration Console. The Administration Console will not start if it cannot access the Entitlements Server.|
- Check that the Entitlements Server is running on all machines where it is installed.
- If you have multiple Entitlements Servers, check that their load balancer is correctly routing requests to the Entitlements Servers.
- Check the configuration in the admingui.cfg file is correct for the running Entitlements Servers.
- Check for any network or firewall issues between the Tomcat, WebLogic or WebSphere server running the Administration Console, and the Entitlements Server or load balancer.
|Workaround||If you are unable to resolve the issue, contact RSA Customer Support.|
- The admingui.cfg file is located in the directory set in the webgui.config.directory parameter of the web.xml file in your Tomcat, WebLogic or WebSphere directory.
- In admingui.cfg, the host connection parameter indicates the hostname where the Entitlements Server resides, for example, host=server1.company.com