You can create a new monitor for the host and services and define a trigger.
To create monitors:
Log in to NetWitness Platform.
- Go to (Admin) > Health & Wellness.
- Click New Health & Wellness.
- Click Pivot to Dashboard.
- Click .
- Click Create monitors.
- In the Create Monitors section, specify the required details.
After a monitor is created, you can add a trigger to this monitor.
In the Create Trigger view, provide the required details:
- Trigger name - Specify the name of the trigger.
- Severity level - Set the severity level from range 1–5. 1 is the highest severity and 5 is the lowest severity.
- Trigger condition - Set the trigger condition with the value. The options are IS ABOVE, IS BELOW, IS EQUAL. For example, IS ABOVE 200.
- Click Create to save the trigger.
For more information on creating monitors, see "Alerting" in the Open Distro for Elasticsearch 1.4.0 guide.