|Applies To||RSA Product Set: RSA Archer|
|Issue||When the Validate button is clicked in the application builder to validate a formula for a calculated field, a popup error message is generated, saying:|
Formula validation error: A field "[xxx]" referenced in the formula cannot be found.
The message may also include:
A Values List field value referenced in the formula cannot be found.
- Reference to field in unlicensed application. This type of error could occur if the field referenced in the formula is in an application that is not licensed in the current Archer instance.
- Simple reference to Invalid field type. This type of error could also occur if the formula is a simple field reference, and the calculated field and referenced field are not the same type. For example, in the screenshot above, the calculated field is a numeric field, and the reference in the formula is to a values list field.
- The value that is used in the calculation may be corrupted.
- If the formula contains a reference to a field in an unlicensed application, remove that field from the formula or investigate whether the license must be re-applied or regenerated.
- If the formula contains a simple reference to an invalid field type, the formula must be modified.
- Add a new value to the values list/update the value to some other new value. Use the new value in the formula and this should validate successfully.