|Applies To||All Archer Versions - Updating License key|
|Issue||If the license activation server (Using the instructions for manual or automatic via Archer Control Panel) is not working, use this workaround to update the license key.|
|Cause||Activation server has internal problems. |
|Resolution||Download license.zip file:|
The license.zip file has 2 text files: one file is the 25 character license and the other file contains the actual license key (big text file).
- Go to myRSA.com and login to the account which has purchased an update.
- Go to the Orders tab on the right-hand side of the Accounts myRSA page.
- Find the recently purchased order/update, and open the order tab by clicking the header of the order.
- Scroll down until you find the License.zip section and click the download icon.
- You must accept the terms and agreement checkbox at the bottom of the download page.
- Click the checkbox for license.zip and click download.
- Copy the 25 character license, and go to the Archer Control Panel (ACP).
- In ACP, right-click the instance you are updating and select the option "Update License Key".
- Paste the 25 character license key you have copied from the license.zip file.
- Fill out first and last name and the company.
- Select the Manual Activation process.
- Ignore the manual steps mentioned within the ACP window.
- Copy the license key (Large text file) from the license.zip file downloaded.
- Paste the key in the license key box of the manual activation window.
- Click activate. You should now see activation/update is complete.
- Go to your archer URL -> Administration -> Application Builder -> Applications -> Licensing information (on the upper right of the application list).
- Confirm you are now seeing the correct licensing information from your recent purchase.