With the increase of usage for IoT devices comes an increase in risk and vulnerabilities. Organizations face issues with prioritization of risk and vulnerabilities due to constraints with security resources. Finding a way to focus their attention on the appropriate security concerns to minimize the risks and threats to the organization is a challenge. They need to ensure that they are assigning security resources to implement the appropriate security controls. Without properly identifying the security gaps, organizations might be investing in unnecessary security measures. Deciding where to focus security resources is a challenge for many organizations given the complexity of a constantly changing security landscape.
The Security Maturity Model (SMM) was developed by the Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) to provide a framework to assess IoT security practices and implementation. This framework helps organizations to understand where they are as far as security is concerned and identify the gaps from where they would like to be. It describes security domains and various techniques available and guidance as to which mechanisms they can use to achieve the desired security maturity level.
With the RSA Archer IIC-Aligned IoT Security Maturity Assessment App-Pack, the Security Maturity Model framework can be used to complete a risk assessment to determine your current security posture and document your desired security outcome. You can identify the security gaps and develop action plans to reach your desired security posture meanwhile focusing on standards, guidelines, and practices that work best for your organization or implementation.
The RSA Archer IIC-Aligned IoT Security Maturity Assessment app-pack enables organizations to:
- Create an IoT Security Risk Profile to capture risk assessment and results
- Identify the scope of the security risk assessment
- Determine current and target security maturity levels
- Develop remediation plans to address gaps in security posture and maturity
- Understand security posture for IoT implementations
- Minimize impacts to the organization through proper mitigation of security risks
- Prioritize security resources for IoT implementations
- Compliance with standards and regulations through implementing appropriate security measures
Supported Platform Version
The RSA Archer IIC-Aligned IoT Security Maturity Assessment app-pack was developed for and validated on RSA Archer Platform release 6.7 and above.
RSA Archer On-Demand Application (ODA) Licenses
Two (2) RSA Archer On-Demand Application (ODA) licenses are required for RSA Archer IIC-Aligned IoT Security Maturity Assessment .
For More Information
To learn more about the RSA Archer IIC-Aligned IoT Security Maturity Assessment app-pack:
- Watch a short demonstration video;
- Review the Implementation Guide; and
- Download the Installation Package.
For Additional Support
To learn more about this offering, please contact your Account Rep for additional details. For technical support questions regarding this offering, please open a support case or contact RSA Archer at email@example.com for more information.
RSA Archer IIC-Aligned IoT Security Maturity Assessment
IoT Security Assessor Dashboard