RSA announces general availability of RSA Archer Release 6.8. This release delivers new functionality and a number of enhancements to the RSA Archer Platform. It also includes the new RSA Archer Financial Controls Monitoring use case and updates for RSA Archer PCI Management, RSA Archer Third Party Catalog, RSA Archer Third Party Risk Management, RSA Archer Third Party Engagement, and RSA Archer Third Party Governance use cases.
Release 6.8 is immediately available in all languages supported by RSA Archer, including English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, and simplified Chinese.
Updates to RSA Archer use cases in Release 6.8 include the following:
- The RSA Archer Controls Monitoring Program Management use case has been renamed as RSA Archer Financial Controls Monitoring. It includes new applications, questionnaires, roles, and dashboards to assess and report on the performance of financial controls across all enterprise asset levels. Enhancements enable management of multiple financial compliance projects as required by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) or similar financial regulations, as well as associated functions such as Provided By Client (PBC) lists, process narratives, and operating tests.
- The RSA Archer PCI Management use case has been updated to leverage new content and self-assessment questionnaires (SAQs) available for the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) version 3.2.1, new charting capabilities, and a new Landing Page iView.
- The RSA Archer Third Party Catalog, RSA Archer Third Party Risk Management, RSA Archer Third Party Engagement, and RSA Archer Third Party Governance use cases have been updated with new charting capabilities and additional options for visualization and interactivity.
- The RSA Archer IT Security Vulnerabilities Program use case has been updated to support CVSS 3 scoring.
- The RSA Archer Enterprise Catalog package has been updated to provide a new Contacts application as well as updates to Company, Division, Business Unit, Business Processes, Control Procedures, and Master Controls applications to support the new RSA Archer Financial Controls Monitoring use case. This package, which aggregates frequently-used shared applications across multiple use cases, does not require licensing. For many RSA Archer use cases, it is a prerequisite package that must be installed. Please refer to the use case Help documentation for more information and installation instructions.
Updates to the RSA Archer Platform in Release 6.8 include the following:
- User experience enhancements:
- Record Header Toolbar is available on all end-user pages to provide a consistent user experience when taking actions within RSA Archer.
New Share button replaces the email icon in the record header and allows users to copy the record URL to the clipboard or email the deep link.
New Report replaces the New Record button in the report header and allows users to create new reports. Users can add new records via New Record functionality in the Options menu.
- Activity navigation menu option enables users to easily view and interact with the 10 most recently added and edited records.
- Ability to expand and collapse the left-side Administrator Menu provides options for more workable screen space.
- Inline Edit within Search Results is enabled by default.
- Refine by Pane colors, buttons, and font has been updated for a consistent user experience.
- Links List iView features a two-column layout.
- Navigation Menu displays Applications and Questionnaires as a single list.
- Silverlight has been removed in back office pages for Data Publications, Manage Languages, Manage Locales, Global Print and Export Settings, and Obtain API Resources.
- Search and Reporting enhancements:
- Applications with Internal References can be reported on with direction and using recursive search and configured to inherit permissions through these references.
- Top N Records or Percentage Searches allow users to set a numerical limit or percentage for search records returned for regular, non-statistical search.
- Configurable Chart Legends allow report administrators to determine when a legend can filter out or drill through to underlying data.
- Date-based Filters on current and active time-series data can be created by report administrators without navigating away from the page. A specific date range filter can be set by days, weeks, months, and years.
- For Risk Maps with non-mandatory fields, users can choose to hide the “(No Selection)” row and column values.
- Administration enhancements:
- Data Gateway includes a new user interface to support the configuration of connectors to external systems, providing real-time visibility into external data sets. RSA Archer Administrators can configure and test a connector from the Integration menu.
- New native SAML 2.0 support for single sign-on (SSO) enables direct integration of users with SAML 2.0 identity providers via a new SAML SSO mode in the RSA Archer Control Panel.
- New Job Monitor capabilities for SaaS and on-premises environments allows authorized users and administrators to view, sort, group, and filter information about data feed jobs. The RSA Archer Control Panel allows admins to enable the job monitor, and usage permissions are assigned through Access Roles.
- Certain Job Level Framework Error Messages (such as those generated by Bulk Update jobs) are logged at the Instance level, rather than the Environment level.
- Admin Dashboard leverages system-internal methods rather than a hidden data feed for populating content. Data gathering improvements provide additional speed and efficiency reducing overhead during initial data loads. The RSA Archer Control Panel includes two new settings to control the period of data to load when initially populating the Admin Dashboard metrics.
- Manage Users list enables Administrators to directly change user passwords and account status rather than navigating to each individual user page.
- Global Print and Export Settings configuration can be reset to its default state by Administrators deleting the last template file.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2019 has been qualified to work with RSA Archer Release 6.8.
RSA recommends that customers running RSA Archer Releases 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, 6.6 or 6.7+ apply this latest update. Please note that all releases are cumulative.
To read the Release Notes for RSA Archer Release 6.8 and additional release documentation, please visit the on the private on RSA Link. Not yet a member of RSA Link? Register for an account on RSA Link with access to the private RSA Archer Customer/Partner Community.