|Applies To||RSA Product Set: RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle |
RSA Version/Condition: All
|Issue||The purpose of this RSA Knowledge Base Article is to explain how to move the StealthAUDIT DAG database to another server.|
|Tasks||Save a screenshot of the StealthAUDIT DAG database settings under the Settings > Storage section of the StealthAUDIT console.|
|Resolution||To move the StealthAUDIT database, follow the steps below:|
- Close the StealthAUDIT database.
- Check task manager and make sure no StealthAUDIT processes are running.
- Temporarily disable any scheduled tasks. The easiest way to do this is:
- Go into the schedules section of the StealthAudit console.
- CRTL click on all the scheduled jobs.
- Right click > Disable
- Detach and move the database. (Follow the Microsoft recommended procedure - this is not a StealthBIT procedure.)
- Ensure account(s) have the appropriate rights on the new database.
- Create a new Storage Profile in StealthAUDIT for the new database server:
- Open StealthAUDIT. You will receive a message about not being able to connect to the database.
- Navigate to Settings > Storage
- Add a new storage profile by using the name of your new database server.
- Look for the expected database name (usually StealthAUDIT), and make sure it is set to the default.
- You will be asked if you want to migrate information – choose No.
- Re-enable your scheduled tasks.
|Notes||Important note on permissions: |
If new permissions need to be applied, make sure that all users connecting to the StealthAUDIT database have:
- Database owner rights on the StealthAUDIT database.
- A dbo default schema.
Another option is to start totally fresh, but the downside would be losing historical data.
Best practice info:
- Use simple recovery mode - not full mode - else the log files could get enormous.
- Change auto-growth to grow by percentage 20% or so (this can interfere with Jobs if it is growing all the time - the default grows every 1MB which can cause slowness.)