|The error message that is shown above is due to incorrect permissions set on /opt/rsa/am/backup. To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:|
- Launch an SSH client, such as PuTTY.
- Log in to the primary RSA Authentication Manager server as rsaadmin and enter the operating system password.
During Quick Setup another username may have been selected. Use that username to log in.
- Switch to root and go to /opt/rsa/am:
login as: rsaadmin
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Password: <enter operating system password>
Last login: Mon May 25 09:38:09 2020 from jumphost.vcloud.local
RSA Authentication Manager Installation Directory: /opt/rsa/am
rsaadmin@am84p:~> sudo su
rsaadmin's password: <enter operating system password>
am84p:/home/rsaadmin # cd /opt/rsa/am
- Change ownership of the backup directory to rsaadmin:rsaadmin
am84p:/opt/rsa/am # chown rsaadmin:rsaadmin backup
The correct permissions to the backup directory are as follows:
am84p:/opt/rsa/am # ls -l
drwxr-xr-x 4 rsaadmin rsaadmin 4096 May 23 2016 appserver
drwx------ 4 rsaadmin rsaadmin 4096 Jul 20 2016 backup
drwxr-xr-x 6 rsaadmin rsaadmin 4096 Sep 29 2016 components
drwxr-xr-x 8 rsaadmin rsaadmin 4096 Oct 20 2016 config
drwxr-xr-x 2 rsaadmin root 4096 May 23 2016 etc
drwxr-xr-x 4 rsaadmin rsaadmin 4096 Jul 20 2016 install_logs
- Perform a backup and it should complete without any issues.