|Applies To||RSA Product Set: RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle|
RSA Product/Service Type: Appliance
RSA Version/Condition: All
|Issue||After an RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle upgrade, uploading and downloading files to/from an RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle hardware appliance may fail.|
|Cause||The RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle upgrade may cause one of the following issues:|
- The FTP process may be shut down.
- The file permissions on the /home/oracle/ftp directory may have been modified.
- If on a cluster, the upgrade process may have shut down the FTP process on one or more nodes.
- The upload/download may be pointing to the wrong cluster IP address.
|Resolution||To address the above issues:|
For detailed information on how to setup FTP, refer to Appendix A: RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle FTP Server in the RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle Administrator's Guide for your version to make sure the FTP user is setup properly and the FTP process is running.
- Start up the FTP process.
- Reset the file permissions on the /home/oracle/ftp directory.
- If on a cluster, make sure the FTP process is running on all nodes of the cluster.
- If on a cluster, make sure to use the virtual IP address to connect.