000039008 - Review Results do now allow Review Actions on Review Items seen under Review Results unless the Reviewer is the Review Owner or a System Administrator in RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle

Document created by RSA Customer Support Employee on Jun 15, 2020Last modified by RSA Customer Support Employee on Jun 18, 2020
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Article Content

Article Number000039008
Applies ToRSA Product Set: RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle
RSA Version/Condition: All

IssueWhen a reviewer logs into RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle, they can take action on their review items by going to My Reviews from the Home page and clicking on the Perform button for the relevant review. Depending on their RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle privileges, they may also be able to access their review items by going to Review Results and drilling down into the relevant review. If the reviewer is also the Review Owner or a System Administrator, they will be able to take action on their review items via Review Results. If they have access to Review Results via the Aveksa Privilege - Review Result: View All or Review Privilege - Monitor: Admin, they will not be able to take action on their review items via Review Results.

EXAMPLE

In the example below. Perry Scope has the Aveksa Privilege - Review Result: View All. When he accesses his review items via My Reviews, he is able to take action:

User-added image

When he accesses his review items via Review Results, the action buttons are disabled:

User-added image

The same is true in RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle 7.2 User Access Reviews with the new default user interface. Perry Scope can take action via My Reviews:

User-added image

But when Perry Scope accesses his review items via Review Results, he does not see the new user interface and the action buttons are disabled.

User-added image

ResolutionThe reason for this behavior is that the two different paths (My Reviews and Review Results) are meant for users with different roles. My Reviews only lists the reviews that the user can act on as a reviewer and Review Results lists the reviews that the users have access to because of some other factor like the user being the Review Owner or a Review Monitor. The actions that the users can perform in these roles and the data that is shown is quite different. For example, as a reviewer, a user might need to review ten items so the status bars and review contents need to be displayed from that perspective. But as a review owner, the same user may be responsible for all the items in the review so the status bars and review contents will be displayed from this different perspective. And as a reviewer with the Aveksa Privilege - Review Result: View All, View All means Read not Read/Write which explains the disabled action items via the Review Results navigation path.

Attachments

Outcomes