|Applies To||RSA Product Set: SecurID|
RSA Product/Service Type: RSA Authentication Manager Prime Kit
|Issue||The maximum lifetime for an Emergency Access Code assigned by an RSA Authentication Manager Prime Kit Help Desk Admin Portal (HDAP) administrator is 30 days. An RSA Authentication Manager Prime administrator might want to change that to limit the HDAP administrators to a smaller maximum lifetime value. |
|Resolution||To change the value,|
- Go to <PrimeKit_installation_directory>/configs/hdap/config.
- Make a copy of the lap.properties file.
- Open the lap.properties file in a text editor.
- Locate the following setting in the properties file:
- Update emergency.access.max.days to the preferred value. For example, to set the maximum lifetime for an Emergency Access Code to 5 days, the setting should look like what is shown here:
- Restart the HDAP service for the change to take effect.
- The RSA Authentication Manager Prime installation directory will differ from one environment to the other. The administrator should be aware of the installation directory. The subdirectories and file names will not change.
- Restarting the service steps will differ from one environment to the other. The administrator should know how to restart services in their environment.