RSA will be upgrading to a new version of the IP Geolocation (MaxMind database) in an upcoming maintenance release for Adaptive Authentication (Cloud), which is currently scheduled to EU Production on Sunday, July 26th, 2020 and US Product on Sunday, August 2nd. This change can impact Raw Data Reports (RDR), Case Management APIs, and rules in the Policy Management application.
Note: Even though these changes will be included in the AAC 14.1.8 Release, the feature will only be enabled during this maintenance window.
The new upgraded version of the IP Geolocation (MaxMind database) includes these changes that impact the Adaptive Authentication (Cloud):
- IP Country: These irrelevant country values have been deprecated and will no longer be valid:
- AP (Asia/Pacific)
- EU (Europe)
- A1 (Anonymous Proxy)
- A2 (Satellite Proxy)
- IP Connection Type and IP Owner: Previous Adaptive Authentication (Cloud) versions did not include the data for the IP Connection Type and IP Owner fields, but after the upgrade this data will be included.
- IP Region Format: The previous version of the IP Geolocation (MaxMind database) included ISO 3166-2 format for both US and Canada and FIPS 10-4 region codes for all other countries. The new upgraded version now only uses the ISO 3166-2 region codes format.
To prepare for this release, RSA advises that you verify whether you have any processes or automations based on the current format of the RDR, which could be affected by these changes. If you do, you will have to change these processes before the above mentioned timeframe.
In addition, these above change can impact the following:
- Any automations related to the Case Management APIs
- Rules using these values in the Policy Manager application
If you have any questions, contact either your Service Account Manager or RSA Technical Support.
For additional documentation, downloads, and more, visit the page on RSA Link.
RSA has a defined End of Primary Support policy associated with all major versions. Please refer to the Product Version Life Cycle for additional details.