|Applies To||RSA Product Set: All RSA Products|
Platform: RSA SFTP, RSA Link, RSA Case Management Portal
|Issue||This issue occurs when trying to upload files to the RSA SFTP site, as described in article 000026364 - How to upload files onto the RSA Secure FTP (SFTP) site for review by RSA Customer Support.|
After logging into the RSA SFTP site, you are prompted to Install the Upload/Download Wizard, as shown below. Step 2 in the article says to click that link.
A progress screen displays after clicking the link, with the message "The Wizard is installing. Please wait..."
After about 20 seconds, a pop-up message appears, with the message "The Wizard has not downloaded yet:"
No matter how many times you click OK and wait, the Wizard download never completes. If you click Cancel, the following message is shown:
Failed to load Java Upload/Download WIzard.
The Wizard will be Disabled for this .session.
- On Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, the Upload/Download Wizard is a Java Applet. Java Applets have not been supported since Chrome v42 and since Firefox v52.
- On Microsoft Internet Explorer, the Upload/Download Wizard is an ActiveX control. ActiveX controls must be explicitly enabled in Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox
- Click Cancel to discontinue installation of the Upload/Download Wizard.
- Follow the instructions in the Workaround section below.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Click Cancel to discontinue installation of the Upload/Download Wizard. You can then choose to either:
- Discontinue installation of the Upload/Download Wizard, and then proceed without it. Follow the instructions in the Workaround section below.
- If you are uploading very large files over an unstable Internet connection, we recommend enabling ActiveX as described below, then installing the Upload/Download Wizard. If a network connection failure interrupts the upload, the Wizard allows you to resume the upload from the point where it failed, without starting again from the beginning of the file.
Enable ActiveX in Microsoft Internet Explorer
Follow these steps in Internet Explorer to allow the Upload/Download Wizard to be installed:
- From the cog menu, go to Internet Options:
- From the Security tab, select Trusted Sites.
- Click the Sites button:
- Enter https://sftp.rsa.com/ in the Add this website to the zone box.
- Click Add then Close.
- Choose Custom Level:
- Scroll down to the setting for Download signed ActiveX controls.
- Select Enable.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again to close the Internet Options window.
- From the cog menu in Internet Explorer, go to Compatibility View Settings.
- Add https://sftp.rsa.com/ in Compatibility View Settings.
- Click Add.
It will resolve as rsa.com, which is OK:
- Click Close.
- Go back to 000026364 - How to upload files onto the RSA Secure FTP (SFTP) site for review by RSA Customer Support. Follow the instructions starting at step 2. You should now be able to install the Wizard and continue.
|Workaround||You can upload files to the RSA SFTP site without installing the Wizard. If an upload fails however, you must start the upload again.|
- If you are not still logged in, log in again to the RSA SFTP site, as instructed in article 000026364 - How to upload files onto the RSA Secure FTP (SFTP) site for review by RSA Customer Support.
- Choose Folders from the left side of the page, then from the center of the page choose Distribution > Support > Incoming
- Under the heading Upload a File Now..., click Choose File (Chrome) or Browse (Firefox and IE).
- Go to the file you want to upload, and select it.
- Add text to the Enter any applicable notes field with the case number. If the name of the Technical Support Engineer is known, also add this to the Notes field. Other notes can be added here as well.
- Click Upload then wait for the upload to complete.
- Once the files are on the SFTP server, either:
- Email the engineer who is assigned to your case to let them know that the requested files are now on the SFTP server, along with the names of the files that were uploaded; or
- If you are registered for case management access, log in to RSA Link and click My Cases in the main menu to access the RSA Case Management portal. Update your case directly, stating that the files are on the SFTP server along with the file names.