RSA announces general availability of RSA Archer Release 6.9. This release delivers enhancements and new functionality for the RSA Archer Platform, as well as updates for the RSA Archer Enterprise Catalog package and a number of RSA Archer use cases.
Release 6.9 is immediately available in all languages supported by RSA Archer, including English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, and simplified Chinese.
Updates to RSA Archer use cases in Release 6.9 include the following:
- The RSA Archer Cyber Risk Quantification use case has been updated to leverage the RiskLens Generation 3 Platform. Updates include:
- An improved data model to more fully describe and analyze risks
- Ability to break assessments into separate scenarios for added granularity
- New Rapid Risk Assessment capability to quickly assess the risk landscape
- Added reporting options to provide enhanced risk insights
- Continuous scenario re-assessments that enable new risk data to be utilized as it becomes available
- Streamlined data interchange between RSA Archer and RiskLens environments
- The RSA Archer Top-Down Risk Assessment, RSA Archer Operational Risk Management, RSA Archer IT Risk Management, and RSA Archer Information Security Management System use cases have been updated to incorporate changes to the Risk Register.
- The RSA Archer Controls Assurance Program Management and RSA Archer IT Controls Assurance use cases have been updated to automate evidence collection for controls selected to be continuously monitored. Updates include:
- Support for automatic evidence collection via Master Controls and Control Procedures updates
- Highlighting of Evidence status in dashboards and notifications to ensure requests are completed on time
- Addition of Advanced Workflow in the Evidence Repository to support the ability to submit, re-assign, approve and re-initiate workflow for evidence records
- Incorporation of Change Requests in the Evidence Repository to allow process and review update requests for completed or approved Evidence records
- The RSA Archer Issues Management, RSA Archer IT & Security Policy Program Management, and RSA Archer Policy Program Management use cases have been updated with enhanced Change Request capabilities.
- The RSA Archer Financial Controls Monitoring use case has been updated to remove the Change Requests, Evidence Repository and Compliance Engagement applications, which are available in the prerequisite RSA Archer Controls Assurance Program Management and RSA Archer Issues Management use cases.
- The RSA Archer Third Party Risk Management use case has been updated to support Vendor Portal functionality. A Vendor Portal Detail section that includes fields that are published to Vendor Portal has been added to the Engagement Risk Assessments questionnaire to connect the questionnaire with Vendor Portal.
- The RSA Archer Enterprise Catalog package has been updated to provide Master Controls and Control Procedures applications to support automatic evidence collection.
Updates to the RSA Archer Platform in Release 6.9 include:
- User Experience enhancements:
- Dashboards can be accessed from the Global Header navigation via the Workspace drop down menu.
- Activity navigation menu option enables users to easily view and interact with their most recently viewed, added, and edited records.
- Silverlight has been removed in back office pages for Access Control Groups, Management Reporting – Mail Merge Template, Integration – Data Import, Install Packages – Package Mapping, and Notification Reports.
- Search and Reporting enhancements:
- Top N Records and Percentage Searches have been updated to allow users to set a numerical limit or percentage for returned search records in statistical searches.
- Chart labels can be configured to display in black or white.
- Dashboard exports can display chart labels in a larger font size, which will truncate axis labels with more than 25 characters.
- Administration enhancements:
- Data Gateway Review provides administrators with a single page view of all connections and field mappings for a Data Gateway configuration.
- Signatures with SAML 2.0 allows records to be signed via a compatible identity provider.
- The RSA Archer Mobile app is enabled by default for all hosted, SaaS and on-premises environments, without the need for Administrators to enable it in the Archer Control Panel.
The following offerings and features are being retired:
- RSA Archer Vulnerability Risk Management will be retired effective October 2020. This offering has been replaced by the RSA Archer IT Security Vulnerability Program use case. The offering will continue to function in Release 6.9, with support limited to production-critical issues.
- RSA Archer Release 5.x Module packages will no longer be supported and cannot be installed with Release 6.9 or any future releases.
- Generate Notification Action through Data-Driven Event has been removed to simplify troubleshooting. In upgrading to Release 6.9, all templates tied to Generate Notification Actions will be migrated to standard Subscription Notifications.
- The Discussion Forum capability will be retired effective April 2021. To facilitate a smooth transition, features will continue to function in Release 6.9, with support limited to production-critical issues.
- Data Feed Manager Deep Sight 2.0 and 4.0 transports types will be retired effective April 2021. To facilitate a smooth transition, features will continue to function in Release 6.9, with support limited to production-critical issues.
RSA recommends that customers running RSA Archer Releases 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, 6.6, 6.7 or 6.8 apply this latest update. Please note that all releases are cumulative.
If you are running RSA Archer Release 6.2 or earlier, you must first upgrade to Release 6.8 and then upgrade to Release 6.9.
To read the Release Notes for RSA Archer Release 6.9 and additional release documentation, please visit the on the private on RSA Link. Not yet a member of RSA Link? Register for an account on RSA Link with access to the private RSA Archer Customer/Partner Community.
For additional documentation, downloads and more, visit the page on RSA Link.