The instructions in this guide apply to physical hosts exclusively. See the Virtual Host Installation Guide for RSA NetWitness Platform 11.5 for instructions on how to set up virtual hosts in 11.5.
Go to the Master Table of Contents to find all RSA NetWitness Platform 11.x documents.
Series 4S, Series 5, and Series 6.
Refer to the RSA NetWitness Platform Hardware Setup Guides for detailed information on each series type (https://community.rsa.com/community/products/netwitness/hardware-setup-guides).
Endpoint Log Hybrid Host Hardware Specifications
Series 5 (Dell R730) hardware or Series 6 (Dell R740 hardware. See "(Optional) Task 2 - Install Endpoint Log Hybrid" in Post Installation Tasks for instructions on how to install the Endpoint Log Hybrid.
If you have RSA NetWitness Endpoint 4.x hardware, you can re-purpose it for NetWitness Endpoint Log Hybrid 11.5.
RSA NetWitness UEBA Host Hardware Specifications
S5 (Dell R630 appliance) or S6 (Dell R640) hardware. See "(Optional) Task 3 - Install NetWitness UEBA" in Post Installation Tasks for instructions on how to install NetWitness UEBA.
SERIES 5 (DELL R630) SPECIFICATIONS
|Model||Dell PowerEdge R630xl|
|Processor Type||Intel Xeon E5 -2680v3|
Number of Cores
Number of Processors
Number of Threads
Internal Disk Controller
Dell PERC H730
|External Disk Controller||Dell PERC H830|
SAN Connectivity (HBA) - Optional
|Remote Management Card||iDRAC8 Enterprise|
Total - 6 Drives
2 x 1TB, 2.5" HDD
4 x 2TB, 2.5" HDD
18.4 kg (40.5 lbs)
2 x 10 Gb Copper
2 x 10 Gb & 2 x 1Gb Copper
(Other options are available)
H: 4.28 cm (1.68 in.) x
W: 48.23 cm (18.98 in.)
x D: 75.51 cm (29.72 in.)
4100 BTU/hr (max)
|Amps (Spec)||1100W / 220VAC = 5A|
Actual Amp Draw (Post Startup)
|Events Per Second (EPS)||100K EPS|
Network Interface Controller (NIC) card options are available for swap with on-board daughter cards or add ons.
External Attached Storage
If you have external storage devices (for example, DACs or PowerVaults) attached to physical hosts, refer to the Hardware Setup Guides on RSA Link (https://community.rsa.com/community/products/netwitness/hardware-setup-guides) for information on how to configure this storage.
Physical Host Installation Workflow
There are several options that provide you with help as you need it for installing and using NetWitness Platform:
- See the documentation for all aspects of NetWitness Platform here: https://community.rsa.com/community/products/netwitness/documentation
- Use the Search and Ask it fields in RSA Link to find specific information here: https://community.rsa.com/welcome
- See the RSA NetWitness Platform Knowledge Base: https://community.rsa.com/community/products/netwitness/knowledge-base
- See Troubleshooting the RSA NetWitness Platform: https://community.rsa.com/community/products/netwitness/documentation/troubleshooting
- See also RSA NetWitness Platform Blog Posts.
- If you need further assistance, contact RSA Support.
Contact RSA Support
If you contact RSA Support, you should be at your computer. Be prepared to provide the following information:
- The version number of the RSA NetWitness Platform product or application you are using.
- The type of hardware you are using.
Use the following contact information if you have any questions or need assistance.
In the main menu, click My Cases.
|International Contacts (How to Contact RSA Support)||https://community.rsa.com/docs/DOC-1294|