Complete the following steps according to their numbered sequence to deploy virtual host in Hyper-V.
Make sure that you have:
- Network IP addresses, netmask, and gateway IP addresses for the virtual host.
- Network names for all virtual hosts, if you are creating a cluster.
- DNS or host information.
- Password for virtual host access. The default username is
rootand the default password is
- The NetWitness Platform virtual host package file for example, rsa-nw-18.104.22.168.3274.zip. (You download this package from Download Central https://community.rsa.com)
To deploy virtual host in Hyper-V.
Log on to Hyper-V Manager.
- Click Import Virtual Machine and Click Next.
- In the Import Virtual Machine dialog, specify the path where the zip file is extracted and Click Next.
- Choose copy the Virtual machine (create a new unique ID) Import Type.
- In the Choose Storage Folder section, specify the location where you want to store multiple Virtual Machine deployments.
- Check the Summary, if all the details are correct, click Finish.
Previous Topic:Step 1a. Create Virtual Machine - VMware
You are hereTable of Contents > Install NW Virtual Host in Virtual Environment > Step 1b. Deploy the Virtual Host in Hyper-V