RSA is excited to announce the availability of RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle version 7.2.1!
RSA's Identity Governance and Lifecycle solution is focused on helping organizations eliminate Identity and Access risk gaps by improving their Access Assurance posture using a Governance first approach.
Highlighted below a number of key solution updates in this release. Summaries and videos describing the product changes are available at the linked pages associated with each area below. See the RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle 7.2.1 Release Notes for additional information about the contents of this release.
Access Assurance – Leveraging a Continuous and Risk-Based Access Assurance model that incorporates Identity and Access analytics to help organizations mitigate digital access risks by ensuring the highest levels of insights, confidence and assurance across an organizations most critical and sensitive assets.
- Updated Data Access Governance (DAG) Capabilities – Expand governance over unstructured data resources by using an open, flexible unstructured data access collection capability with out-of-the-box templates that allow you to leverage an industry leading data crawler of your choice, such as Varonis.
Business User Experience - Providing a Simple, Informed and Guided Business User Experience which enables business users to focus on what is truly important and understand the risk (and impact) by surfacing additional rich context, highlighting areas of importance and prioritization of higher risk items. This unique experience lessens the burden of Identity management and governance processes on the business.
- Increase Available Review Columns - Allow reviewers to view and have more information at their fingertips during risk-based reviews to make better informed decisions.
Customer Success – making it easier to deploy, manage, operate, maintain and expand the RSA solution by leveraging solutions that enable quick and efficient implementation and operations of core Identity management processes - coupled with metrics that highlight ongoing business value.
- Maintenance Mode Updates - Don’t worry about scheduled activities running and interrupting your tasks when Maintenance Mode is active.
- Dynamic Groups & Roles Selection within Rules - Govern and streamline your group and role policies by dynamically including roles and groups using intuitive selection criteria (multi-picker, attribute association, role set inclusion, etc.)
- Email Security Updates - Authenticate securely to your online email environment using OAuth and connect using TLS.
- Reporting Improvements - Dynamically send report results to groups of users, including other email addresses (such as Auditors, external emails) easily. Externalize reporting generation using web services.
- Reprocessing Collected Data - Save time and resources by reprocessing the collected data that was tripped by a circuit breaker threshold.
Additional Platform Updates: The following platform updates have been made:
- New RSA Hardware Appliances (640xl) – Take advantage of the latest server technology to power your RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle solution.
- Oracle 19c Official Qualification – Support for Oracle 19c was added in the previous release and has now undergone full performance testing for qualification status.
Please refer to the RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle Platform Datasheet and Support Matrix for additional information on supported platforms.
Recommendation: RSA strongly recommends that customers upgrade to this latest update.
Obtaining Software and Documentation: The Release Notes and other product documentation are accessible under the space.
You can access the RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle software via the space. At the bottom of this Downloads page, select “Version Upgrades” to be presented with a list of products that you are entitled based on the RSA products you have purchased. Select the appropriate license link to access the available RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle software downloads. Please contact RSA Customer Support if any licenses for products you have purchased are missing from the list.
If you have any questions about how to access the software downloads or what software files you need to upgrade your environment, please reference the "How do I find the RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle software files that I need? " document on RSA Link.
For additional documentation, downloads, and more resources, visit the main space on RSA Link.
EOPS Policy: RSA has a defined End of Primary Support (EOPS) policy associated with all major versions. Please refer to the Product Version Life Cycle for additional details.
If you need assistance in upgrading your environment to the latest version, please contact your RSA Account Team or RSA Customer Support.