RSA IGL Version: V 7.1.0 P04 +, V 7.1.1 +, V 7.2.x +
Product Area: Dashboards, JSP, Reports
Time to apply: ~15 minutes
Other useful links:
The System Health Check dashboard was created to provide a quick overview of your application and database sizing. These are shown as statistics/alarms/indicators, divided into dashboard items and displayed in a simple and compact view that is easy to understand.
The goal of this dashboard is to help you focus attention on any undersized components in your deployment that are below the bare minimum requirements.
- This dashboard is supplied "as is" - any modification of this dashboard is done at your own risk.
- If you would like to enhance this dashboard to add more metrics, then RSA PS is available to help. Please contact your local sales rep or reply below and we can discuss this with you.
The dashboard consists of a JSP which contains 6 dashboard items.
- Deployment Information
- CPU Cores
- JVM Heap Memory
- Incorrect Database Parameters
- SGA Memory
- PGA Memory
Each of the dashboard items contain a notification bubble which acts as an indicator.
- Green = Value is above the minimum requirements (Larger production environments will likely need more resources).
- Orange = Action Required (Value is barely above the minimum requirements)
- Red = Action Required (Value is below the minimum requirements)
Each dashboard item is also has a small description section below it explaining what needs to be changed, based on your deployment type, and a reference to the official documentation for more details.
Prior to V 7.2 :
V 7.2 + :
You MUST follow standard change request process and apply this solution in your lower environments first, before moving this to Production.
The System Health Check Dashboard.zip file contains a JSP file (1) and an images folder (7 images).
- Download the ZIP file locally
- Extract the zip file contents
- Log in as a user with admin privileges
- Select the "images" dropdown
- Click the "upload" button
- Upload each of the 6 images from the extracted ZIP download (repeat these steps for each image)
- Select the "JSP Pages" dropdown
- Upload the single JSP file from the extracted ZIP download
Go to Admin / Dashboards
Under "Welcome Dashboards" click "Create Dashboard" button
Under the "Dashboard Overview" tab
Dashboard Name: System Health Check
Display Sequence: Select a number for where you want this to be displayed, e.g. 3
Layout: Proportional Layout, First Option "1"
Under "Dashboard Components" Tab
Click "Add Component" button
Dashboard Component: Custom User Link
Full URL String: custom.jsp?page=SystemHealthCheck.jsp
You should see the JSP displayed in the "preview" section
Under the "User Constraints" tab set the correct level of access for who should see this dashboard. Normally this is just AveksaAdmin and users with Aveksa System Admin access.
This is the "Advanced" SQL that can be used:
or users.id has approles (('Aveksa EDC','System Administrator'))
Restart the application
The new dashboard should now be available on the home screen
Please "hit reply" and share your feedback - we would love to see an image of this working in your environments.
We also want to know your ideas around similar kinds of dashboards/dashboard items that you want to see created