RSA NetWitness Platform (RNWP) is announcing an End of Sale for expanded collection under the Appliance License model. This affects Decoders and Hybrids for existing Appliance License customers on the Logs or Network (Packets) products. Customers must purchase expansion devices on the Throughput model starting on February 1, 2021.
For Existing Appliance License Customers:
- No expanded collection (Decoders and Hybrids) will be allowed under the Appliance License model starting in February 2021.
- Any expanded collection must be purchased on the Throughput License model starting in February 2021.
- Non-collection components (i.e. Concentrators, ESA, Brokers, Storage) can continue to be purchased by Appliance License Customers.
- Maintenance will still be sold and renewed for Appliance License Customers.
- Tech Refresh of any collection appliances will require a conversion to the Throughput License model.
For Existing Throughput License Customers:
- There is no impact to Throughput License customers.
For Customers with Both Appliance and Throughput Licenses:
- RNWP is fully functional in a mixed-mode license deployment with both Appliance model and Throughput model licenses. Customers will not be negatively impacted and can reach out to Customer Support with any Licensing questions.
- All collection appliances (decoders, log decoders, or hybrids) under the Appliance License Model.
Please reach out to your RSA Sales Representative for further details on this End of Sale or to discuss conversion options to the Throughput License model. RSA will work with Customers to convert them to the Throughput License model in a seamless fashion.
For additional documentation, downloads, and more, visit the RSA NetWitness Platform page on RSA Link.
RSA has a defined End of Primary Support policy associated with all major versions. Please refer to the Product Version Life Cycle for additional details.