JANUARY: RSA Archer Community News Update

Document created by Denise Sposato Employee on Apr 11, 2014Last modified by Denise Sposato Employee on Jan 10, 2019
Version 478Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

JANUARY 2019

Wishing you all a happy, healthy and successful New Year.

RSA ANNOUNCES THE AVAILABILITY OF RSA ARCHER 6.5 PATCH 1

RSA is pleased to announce the availability of RSA Archer 6.5 Patch 1 which contains a number of fixes for the RSA Archer Platform. This release is one of what is now a standard program for delivery of maintenance patch releases on a fixed monthly interval. 

The full Product Advisory is available now along with the updated Release Notes for more information.

RSA CHARGE 2019 WEBSITE NOW OPEN FOR REGISTRATION

It’s a New Year and budgets and planning are in full swing at most organizations. In 2019, RSA Charge returns to the schedule, September 16-19. Now is the time to secure your place and benefit from the ‘early bird’ discount registration price of $595 before it’s gone. Register now!

RSA knows ‘location, location, location’ is important to our customers and partners and is pleased to announce the 2019 Charge location is Orlando, FL. For more than forty years, Walt Disney World has been a place dedicated to delighting customers and creating innovative experiences for patrons. This makes it a perfect location for RSA to host the best customer event, yet – RSA Charge 2019, September 16-19, 2019 @ Walt Disney World Dolphin & Swan Hotel, Orlando. 

The RSA Charge 2019 website is now live and will be continually updated with new information right up to the event start.

We welcome you to join us September 16 - 19 in Orlando, FL for RSA Charge 2019, the premier education and thought leadership event for security and risk management professionals. RSA Charge 2019 will provide you a place to discover game-changing business-driven security solutions to meet today’s greatest business challenges. Attendees will explore best practices and have opportunities to problem-solve and discuss ideas for product and service innovation to increase productivity. From customer case studies to training as well as one-on-one consultations and motivating keynotes, this year’s conference has something for everyone!

RSA Charge 2019 will deliver a host of new content and exciting opportunities through:

Customer-led case studies and hands-on workshops to share trends and issues specific to your industry

Thought-provoking keynote presentations that provides insights on RSA’s products, solutions and customer successes

Partner Expo highlights solutions that are driving high-impact business benefits using RSA’s solutions

Unparalleled Networking invites you to exchange ideas with your peers and RSA experts

Register early and save – early bird rates are $595 and available until April 1, 2019. And, follow the RSA Archer News Update and/or bookmark the RSA Charge 2019 website for all ‘Charge’ information - Call for Speakers, Agendas at a Glance, Full Agendas and speakers, Keynotes, and so much more.

We look forward to seeing you in Orlando September 16-19!

RSA ARCHER 2019 VIRTUAL ROADMAP SESSIONS AVAILABLE; NEXT SESSION, WED., JAN. 16 @ 11:00 am ET

We are also pleased to announce that the 2019 Virtual Roadmap session schedule has been set; registration links for January, February and March sessions are available now; links for future sessions will be posted shortly, but you can ‘save the date’ now for your convenience.

Attendance at one Roadmap session per quarter is sufficient for customers, but attendance once a quarter is highly recommended. Attendance is limited to current RSA Archer customers, partners and employees only.

We do ask that you do register at least two hours before the sessions begin in order to receive your WebEx attendance information in time.

RSA ARCHER WORKING GROUPS

RSA Archer Working Groups (full list) provide a mechanism for collaboration by the Archer product team with our customers.

Please note that not all Working Groups have a defined monthly schedule. The Working Group owners work with customers to set the right cadence for the Working Group meetings based on where the Working Group product owners are in the release process and the frequency that the customer group agrees to as a team. Not yet a member of a RSA Archer Working Group? Contact Working Group Owner for participation.

DATE / TIME / WG

OWNER

REGISTRATION LINK /

CONTACT INFO

January 22

11:00 am FFIEC – Aligned Cybersecurity Assessment (NEW)

Christine Tran

REGISTRATION

February 5

10:00 am ET

User Experience

Ben Blinn

Registration Link Coming

FEBRUARY 12

1:00 pm ET

Business Resiliency

Patrick Potter

patrick.potter@rsa.com

Invite by email

‘MUST READ’ BLOGS OF INTEREST

A Theoretical Riskicist’s Guide to the UniverseSteve Schlarman, author

The Riskicist’s Guide: The Risk Synchronicity Theory,’ Steve Schlarman, author

RSA ARCHER USE CASE BLOG SERIES CONTINUES IN 2019

The weekly blog series authored by RSA’s Integrated Risk/GRC Strategists highlights one of the 30+ RSA Archer use cases.  These blogs provide a quick overview of the basic business problem associated with the use case and the key features/benefits.  There’s also a short paragraph describing how the use case fits into the broader Integrated Risk Management message for your organization. 

The blog series began in October 2018, publishes every Wednesday and continues into 2019 beginning with the January 9  blog until all of the use cases are covered. For your convenience, you may Follow the Page, and receive email notifications in your company Inbox by clicking on 'Actions,' then click on Inbox, then outside the box to make sure your Follow instructions are captured.

IT Securities Vulnerabilities Program (Oct. 10)

RSA Archer Controls Assurance Program (Oct. 17)

Issues Management (Oct. 24)

Business Impact Analysis (Oct. 31)

Business Continuity & Disaster Planning (Nov. 7)

Cyber Incident & Breach Response (Nov. 14)

Audit Planning and Quality (Nov. 28)

Audit Engagements and Workpapers (Dec. 5)

RSA Archer Incident Management (Dec. 12)

RSA Archer Crisis Management (Dec. 19)

Third Party Catalog (Jan. 9)

FREE FRIDAY TECH HUDDLES

The FFTHs are back in full swing with both Customer Support and Product Management/Marketing alternating Friday presentations.

As usual, it is strongly recommended that you join 5-10 minutes prior to the 11:00 am ET start.  Also, please note the Access Codes and WebEx links for each webinar. See FFTH Schedule page.

DATE / TIME

TOPIC

PRESENTER(S)

JANUARY 11

11:00 am ET

RSA Exchange – Release 6 HCL IRAM Aligned Risk App-Pack

Abhishek Ramavat, HCL

Abhilasha Singh, HCL

JANUARY 18

Troubleshooting SSO

Sarhang Hevary, RSA

JANUARY 25

RSA Exchange – Release 6 ComplyTec NERC Management App-Pack

John Miller, ComplyTec

Mark Stapleton, ComplyTec

FEBRUARY 8

RSA Archer Speak Up App-Pack

Christine Tran, RSA

RSA LINK – YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, WE HAVE ANSWERS

We are planning to create short video vignettes addressing a number of questions that our customers frequently have when using RSA Link. These vignettes will eventually be posted to the Overview pages for every RSA product.

In the interim, here are links to step-by-step instructions and screen shots for the most common RSA Link questions:

QUESTION

SELF-SERVE HELP

Register for RSA Link Account

How Do I Register for a RSA Link Account ‘with’ Access to the private RSA Archer Customer/Partner Community?

Link

How Do I Find My RSA Archer License Key?

LINK

How Do I Add Colleagues To My RSA Link Account?

Link

Why Won’t My RSA Link Credentials Work When Logging In on RSA University?

Link

Changes to My RSA Link Account

How Do I Request A New Password?

Link

How Do I Reset My Security Questions?

Link

How Do I Add a New RSA Archer License Key to an Existing RSA Link Account

Link

How Do I Reset the On Demand Application (ODA) PIN for My RSA Link Account?

Link

Email Address: I Changed Companies, How Do I Update My Email?

Link

Email Address: My Company Has Changed Names or Been Acquired, How Do I Update My Email Address?

Link

How Do I Add a New Product to my RSA Link Account?

Link

How to Create a Custom Activity Feed on RSA Link?

Link

Error Messages

‘Access Denied’ When Logging In

Link

‘Agent Integration’ When Logging In

Link

‘SSO Error’ Is Displayed When Accessing Case Management Portal on RSA Link

Link

RSA UNIVERSITY: HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT THE NEW RSA CERTIFICATION PROGRAM?

The RSA Certification Program is now live and provides technology professionals like yourself with the knowledge, skills, and credentials you need to deploy and maintain reliable enterprise security systems. Certifications are available for the RSA Archer® Suite, the RSA NetWitness® Suite, and the RSA SecurID® Suite.

For more information, visit the RSA Certification page to stay up to date with the latest information from RSA University. Confused about which course(s) you might need to prepare for the exam? RSA U has set up role-based curriculum paths to help. Check out the RSA Archer Administration path and make certification your career goal for 2018!

RSA GLOBAL SERVICES THANKS THE U.S. MILITARY – FREE EXAM VOUCHERS FOR ANY RSA PRODUCT OFFER CONTINUES

Launching on Veteran’s Day the $150 certification ‘exam’ fee for RSA products – RSA Archer Suite, RSA NetWitness Platform, and RSA SecurID Suite is free for U.S. veterans.

This offer is ideal for any veterans who are customers or users of RSA products who may already be familiar enough to pass the certification exams or for those who already took the product training and would like to take the certification exam.

More information on the simple two-step process for a free certification process voucher is available

RSA ARCHER COURSE SCHEDULE: JAN/FEB/MAR 2019

RSA Archer 6   

Admin I

Theater

Start

Date

End

Date

EMEA

01/28/2019

01/31/2019

Milan

Dell EMC

EMEA

01/28/2019

01/31/2019

Muncheon

AS Computertraining

Americas

01/29/2019

02/01/2019

Dallas

MicroTek

Americas

02/12/2019

02/15/2019

NYC

Dell EMC

APJ

02/12/2019

02/15/2019

Kawasaki

EMC Japan

Americas

02/19/2019

02/22/2019

Massachusetts

Bedford

EMEA

02/19/2019

02/22/2019

United Kingdom

RSA Bracknell

Americas

02/26/2019

03/01/2019

Arizona

EMC Scottsdale

Americas

03/04/2019

03/07/2019

Kansas

Overland Park

Americas

03/05/2019

03/08/2019

Virginia

RSA Reston

Americas

03/11/2019

03/14/2019

Americas

EMEA

03/18/2019

03/21/2019

United Kingdom

RSA Bracknell

Americas

03/26/2019

03/29/2019

Los Angeles

MicroTek

RSA Archer 6

Admin II

Americas

01/22/2019

01/25/2019

Massachusetts

Bedford

EMEA01/28/201901/31/2019

Bracknell

RSA

Americas02/04/201902/07/2019

Kansas

Overland Park

Americas02/11/201902/14/2019

Americas

EMEA03/05/201903/08/2019

Muncheon

AS Computertraining

Americas03/19/201903/22/2019

Massachusetts

Bedford

RSA Archer 

New User Experience

Americas

02/14/2019

02/14/2019

Americas

Americas

03/18/2019

03/18/2019

Americas

RSA Archer Infrastructure Administration

RSA Archer 6 Platform Fundamentals for Business Users

Americas

03/19/2019

03/19/2019

Kansas

Overland Park

Americas

01/15/2019

01/16/2019

Americas

Americas

02/05/2019

02/06/2019

Online Americas

Americas03/20/201903/21/2019

Kansas

Overland Park

RSA Archer Assessment & Authorization for Public Sector

Americas

02/07/2019

02/08/2019

Americas

To View the full RSA Product Courses being offer across all product lines,  go to the new RSA UNIVERSITY on RSA Link. You may then REGISTER, and/or check out the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS for more information.

EOPS - END OF PRIMARY SUPPORT

We are including the EOPS schedule in each issue for the convenience our of customers.

Please be advised that RSA Archer Version 5.5 is no longer supported as of December 31, 2017. Once a product reaches EOPS, RSA Archer Technical Support is no longer available under base support/maintenance agreements.

Extended Support is being offered through December 31, 2018, to those customers with a current maintenance contract as a prerequisite to an Extended Support purchase. Extended Support does not include Hot Fixes, best effort support only. For questions, please refer to the Product Version Life Cycle.

We strongly recommend you contact your local Existing Accounts Manager with assistance in upgrading to a supported 6.x version

BMTProductVersion

EOPS

Date

Extended

Support

Year 1*

Extended

Support

Year 2**

Upgrade

Path

RSARSA Archer GRC6.5Oct-2021NoNoTBD
RSARSA Archer GRC6.4Apr-2021No No6.5
RSARSA Archer GRC6.3Oct-2020NoNo6.4
RSARSA Archer GRC6.2Feb-2020NoNo6.3
RSARSA Archer GRC6.1May-2019NoNo6.2 P1
RSARSA Archer GRC
6.0***Nov-2018NoNo6.1
RSARSA Archer GRC5.5Dec-2017NoYes - Thru Dec 20186.1
RSARSA Archer GRC5.4Jun-2016NoNo5.5
RSARSA Archer GRC5.3 Oct-2015YesYes5.4
RSARSA Archer GRC5.2Dec-2014NoNo5.3
RSARSA Archer GRC5.1Jul-2014NoNo5.3
RSARSA Archer GRC5.0Jan-2014NoNo5.3
RSARSA Archer SmartSuite4.5Jun-2013YesNo5.3
RSARSA Archer SmartSuite Framework3.x-4.3Mar-2013NoNo5.3

*Expires one year beyond EOPS date, unless otherwise stated. Includes Hot fixes for Severity 1 issues

** Expires two years beyond EOPS date, unless otherwise stated. No Hot fixes; best effort support only

***6.0 was a Limited Availability release and not available to all customers 

16 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes