MAY: RSA Archer Community News Update

Document created by Denise Sposato Employee on Apr 11, 2014Last modified by Denise Sposato Employee on May 22, 2019
Version 501Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

BREAKING NEWS: MAY 22, 2019

RSA ANNOUNCES THE AVAILABILITY OF RSA ARCHER THIRD PARTY SECURITY RISK MONITORING USE CASE FOR THE RSA ARCHER GOVERNANCE SOLUTION AREA

RSA Archer Third Party Security Risk Monitoring delivers transparent security measurements, analytics, and analyst-level insight. By providing visibility, insight, and actionable intelligence into third- and fourth-party IT risk environments, it enables quick assessment of the effectiveness of security controls for third parties without relying on manual spreadsheet assessments and emails without audit trails.

To learn more about the features of the RSA Archer Third Party Security Risk Monitoring Use Case, read the Product Advisory .

Please Note: This use case is available as a SaaS (software as a service) application for all on-premise and hosted RSA Archer implementations. There is no installation package available for this use case. RSA Archer Third Party Security Risk Monitoring can be implemented as a standalone solution for monitoring third-party risk. 

To obtain a license for this use case, contact your RSA Archer account representative.

RSA ANNOUNCES AVAILABILITY OF RSA EXCHANGE RELEASE 8

This release includes new and updated offerings, including:

• 3 App-Packs (pre-built applications addressing adjacent or supporting Integrated Risk Management processes, e.g. niche, industry, geo-specific)
  • 2 Tools & Utilities (pre-built functions enabling administrators to more easily manage their RSA Archer implementations)
  • 12 Integrations (pre-built data exchange configurations bringing data into and pushing data out of the RSA Archer Platform)
  • 6 Content (pre-mapped collection of best-practice policies, control standards, legal and regulatory requirements, industry standards, and assessments)

Read the Product Advisory and the blog,RSA Exchange Release 8 Delivers Offerings for Your Integrated Risk Management Journey,’ authored by Susan Read-Miller, RSA for compete information on RSA Exchange 8.

For additional documentation, downloads, and a listing of all RSA Exchange offerings, visit the RSA Exchange on RSA Link.  

RSA WEBINAR: YOU WON’T WANT TO MISS THIS ONE!

Demystifying Digital Risk Management, THURSDAY, JUNE 13 @ 11:00 am ET

Abstract: Ben Desjardins, vice president of product marketing for RSA, and his guests discuss Top Security and Risk Management Trends and implications for security and risk management leaders. Attendees will learn about the initiatives forward-thinking security and risk management practitioners are undertaking to support their organization’s business objectives and elevate their standing in their organizations.

REGISTER TODAY !

RSA ANNOUNCES AVAILABILITY OF RSA ARCHER RELEASE 6.6

RSA Archer Release 6.6 delivers new functionality and a number of enhancements for the RSA Archer Platform, as well as localization for the eight languages supported by RSA Archer – English, Chinese (simplified), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese Brazilian, and Spanish.

This release continues to elevate the user experience for the RSA Archer Suite, with user interface and accessibility updates that support the growing importance of risk and compliance data at all levels of an organization. Release 6.6 also includes search and reporting improvements for easier and faster analysis, workflow management enhancements for greater efficiency, and performance improvements to optimize management of data at scale.

Release 6.6 provides updates to the RSA Archer Key Indicator Management use case to enable automatic enrollment of records into a workflow, and removal of pre-configured data feeds for RSA Archer Corporate Obligations Management and RSA Archer IT Regulatory Management use cases to allow customers to configure their feeds based on their needs. This release also introduces the RSA Archer Enterprise Catalog package to simplify the process of updating releases by aggregating shared applications across multiple use cases.

For more information, please review the release Blog AnnouncementProduct Advisory, and Release Notes for a full list of enhancements.

Additional RSA Archer Release 6.6 Training

Release 6.6 Free Friday Tech Huddles (FFTH)
A series of Free Friday Tech Huddles are planned for the RSA Archer 6.6 Release beginning Friday, May 3 @ 11:00 am ET. To view the full series, visit the Free Friday Tech Huddle Schedule page.

Release 6.6 Blogs

Be sure to check out the Release 6.6 Blog Series that highlight the latest features in this release. Each blog will provide guidance on the feature and how to use it based on best practices from RSA Archer Suite experts.

RSA Archer User Experience Community (New)

Like what you see in the RSA Archer usability updates? Check out our new RSA Archer User Experience Community where we post and share surveys, videos, blogs, discussions, and more. We look forward to your participation and feedback.

RSA ANNOUNCES AVAILABILITY OF RSA ARCHER 6.5 PATCH 5

This is our fifth and final cumulative patch release for customers running the 6.5 platform and is focused on delivering remediations of customer escalations and defects.

The full Product Advisory is available now along with the updated Release Notes for more information.

RSA ANNOUNCES END OF PRIMARY SUPPORT (EOPS) FOR RSA ARCHER RELEASE 6.1

RSA, a Dell Technologies business, announces the scheduled End of Primary Support (EOPS) for RSA Archer Suite version 6.1 as well as all derivative patches effective May 31, 2019. No Extended Support will be offered for this version. Customers under current maintenance contracts can update to the latest version of RSA Archer Release 6.6.

RSA ARCHER 2019 VIRTUAL ROADMAP SESSIONS FOR MAY 15 & JUNE 12/13 ANNOUNCED; REGISTRATION LINKS AVAILABLE

We are pleased to announce that the 2019 RSA Archer Virtual Roadmap schedule have been set; registration links for sessions through June are available now; registration links for future sessions during the second half of the year will be posted soon. Once per quarter we schedule two Roadmap sessions to accommodate customer schedules in APJ (Australia, Singapore).

Attendance at one Roadmap session ‘per quarter’ is sufficient for customers, and one per quarter is highly recommended. Attendance is limited to current RSA Archer customers, partners and employees only.

We do ask that you do register at least two hours before the sessions begin in order to receive your WebEx attendance information in time.

RSA ARCHER USER GROUPS

SEATTLE

MAY 21

@ 8:30 am PDT

EVENT

REGISTRATION

Portland, OR

MAY 22

@ 8:30 am PDT

EVENT

REGISTRATION

ROCHESTER, NY

MAY 30

@ 1:00 pm EDT

EVENT

REGISTRATION

MINNEAPOLIS

JUNE 6

@ 1:00 pm CDT

EVENT

REGISTRATION

DALLAS

June 6

@ 11:00 am CDT

EVENT

REGISTRATION

DETROIT

JUNE 6

@ 9:00 am EDT

EVENT

REGISTRATION

WASHINGTON, DC

(Arlington, VA)

JUNE 11

@ 12:00 pm EDT

EVENT

REGISTRATION

CAROLINAS

JUNE 20

@ 1:00 pm EDT

EVENT

REGISTRATION

RSA ARCHER WORKING GROUPS

RSA Archer Working Groups (full list) provide a mechanism for collaboration by the Archer product team with our customers.

Please note that not all Working Groups have a defined monthly schedule. The Working Group owners work with customers to set the right cadence for the Working Group meetings based on where the Working Group product owners are in the release process and the frequency that the customer group agrees to as a team. Not yet a member of a RSA Archer Working Group? Contact Working Group Owner for participation.

DATE / TIME /

WORKING GROUP

WORKING GROUP OWNER

REGISTRATION

JUNE 11

BUSINESS RESILIENCY

Patrick Potter

Patrick.potter@rsa.com

2:00 pm EDT

Join Zoom Meeting: 

https://Dell.zoom.us/j/502468331

JUNE 27

FINANCIAL SERVICES

Marshall Toburen

marshall.toburen@rsa.com

SAVE the DATE

RSA ROADSHOW LUNCHEONS: INTEGRATED RISK MANAGEMENT

DATE / LOCATION / TIME

EVENT

REGISTRATION

MAY 13

OKLAHOMA CITY

@ 11:30 am CT

EVENT

REGISTRATION

MAY 14

DALLAS

EVENT

REGISTRATION

MAY 15

HOUSTON

EVENT

REGISTRATION

MUST READ BLOGS

Straight to Ludicrous Speed with Elasticsearch,’ authored by Scott Hagemeyer, RSA

6.6 Global Search Improvements,’ authored by Matt Ireton, RSA

Improving Your Experience with Search Results in 6.6authored by Matt Ireton, RSA

Release 6.6: Packaging Data Feedsauthored by Bob Lovell, RSA

Fighting entropy with Metrics in RSA Archer 6.6authored by Antoine Damelincourt, RSA

Announcing RSA Archer Release 6.6authored by Sue Jessee, RSA

Escaping JavaScript Transporter Memory Constraints with the New Output Writerauthored by Matt Ireton, RSA

Simplify my life! Pasting images into text fields with RSA Archer 6.6’ authored by James Griffith, RSA

Getting Future Ready: 6.6 Editionauthored by James Griffith, RSA

Introducing the New Enterprise Catalog Packageauthored by Emily Shipman, RSA

From the Suggestion Box: RSA Archer Ideas Coming to Lifeauthored by Scott Hagemeyer, RSA

Charting and Icon Refreshauthored by Emily Shipman, RSA

Upcoming Changes in RSA Archer Document Deliveryauthored by Elizabeth Wenzel, RSA

Records page and workflow user experienceauthored by Van Vuong, RSA

Please Note: With an aggressive blog schedule planned over the next several months by the RSA product team and product feature SMEs, you can now save time and never miss a new blog posting. How?  Simply click on the links below, then select Follow and Inbox to receive notifications each time a new blog is published. It’s really that easy!

RSA Archer Suite Blogs

RSA Archer Customer/Partner Community Blogs

HAVE YOU REGISTERED YET FOR RSA CHARGE 2019, SEPTEMBER 16-19, THE PREMIER EVENT FOR SECURITY & RISK MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONALS ???

Why should I attend RSA Charge 2019?

RSA Charge 2019 will provide you a place to discover game-changing business-driven security solutions to meet today’s greatest business challenges. Attendees will explore best practices and have opportunities to problem-solve and discuss ideas for product and service innovation to increase productivity. From customer case studies to training as well as one-on-one consultations and motivating keynotes, this year’s conference has something for everyone!

RSA Charge 2019, September 16-19 will deliver a host of new content and exciting opportunities through:

Customer-led case studies and hands-on workshops to share trends and issues specific to your industry

Thought-provoking keynote presentations that provides insights on RSA’s products, solutions and customer successes

Partner Expo highlights solutions that are driving high-impact business benefits using RSA’s solutions

Unparalleled Networking invites you to exchange ideas with your peers and RSA experts

Register now and save – early bird rates are $595 and available up until April 1, 2019, then the regular registration price kicks in at $995. And, Follow the RSA Archer News Update and/or bookmark the RSA Charge 2019 website for all ‘Charge’ information - Call for Speakers (see article below), Agendas at a Glance, Full Agendas and speakers, Keynotes, and so much more.

And if this isn’t enough to convince you, here’s the icing on the cake!

RSA knows ‘location, location, location’ is important to our customers and partners and is pleased to announce the 2019 Charge location is Orlando, FL. For more than forty years, Walt Disney World has been a place dedicated to delighting customers and creating innovative experiences for patrons. This makes it a perfect location for RSA to host the best customer event, yet – RSA Charge 2019, September 16-19, 2019 @ Walt Disney World Dolphin & Swan Hotel, Orlando. Once you complete your REGISTRATION, you can then proceed to make your Hotel Reservation.

The RSA Charge 2019 website is live and will be continually updated with new information right up to the event start.

NEW: Just Added: Looking for pre-conference training? Due to RSA Charge starting on a Monday and being on the Disney grounds, RSA has decided not to offer any pre-conference training this year but instead offer a whole RSA University track dedicated to your favorite training topics at no extra cost. That’s right, no additional cost!

There will also be RSAU representatives, onsite to talk shop and answer any and all of your questions. Another reason to attend RSA Charge 2019.

We look forward to seeing you in Orlando September 16-19 and encourage you to REGISTER TODAY! You won’t want to miss this event.

FREE FRIDAY TECH HUDDLES (FFTH)

The upcoming schedule for our FFTHs in May, June and July will certainly not disappoint with both Customer Support and Product Management/Marketing alternating Friday presentations. We recommend you ‘Follow’ the Schedule Page if you are not already doing so to stay informed as topics and registration links are added.

As usual, it is strongly recommended that you join 5-10 minutes prior to the 11:00 am ET start.  Also, please note the Access Codes and WebEx links for each webinar. See Schedule Page for full details.

DATE /TIME

TOPIC

MAY 10

@ 11:00 EDT

Advanced Workflow - Introduction, Installation, Usage and Troubleshooting

MAY 17

@ 11:00 am EDT

RSA Archer Release 6.6 - Highlighting Search Improvements:

Refine By Pane (a.k.a. faceted search)

Manage columns from search results

Global search improvements

Elasticsearch improvements

JUNE 7

RSA Archer Release 6.6 - Highlighting Reporting Improvements+

Dashboard and iView Modernization 

Featured Metric Reports

6 column dashboard layout

Heat map and scatter plot improvements

Map Reports

Workflow actions by email

Images within text fields

JUNE 21

RSA Archer Release 6.6 - Highlighting Advanced Workflow Improvements

Advanced Workflow scheduling

Advanced Workflow custom validation messages

Ordering Advanced Workflow user action buttons

Exit the record while Advanced Workflow processes

JULY 12

RSA Archer Release 6.6 - Highlighting Performance Improvements

RSA WEBINARS

DATE / TIME

TITLE

INFO / REGISTRATION

May 22

@ 11:00 am ET

3rd Party Risk – Making Sense of Your Vendor Data

Event

Registration

June 19

@ 11:00 am ET

Driving Business Resiliency through Op Risk

Event

Registration

RSA ARCHER COMMUNITIES ‘QUICK LINKS’ AND ‘QUICK TIPS’

RSA Archer Quick Links and Quick Tips were just updated with the release of RSA Archer 6.6.  and are designed to help you with access to the 'most popular' searched and downloaded links on both RSA Archer communities (Quick Links) and also provide you some 'tips and tricks' that will save you time when participating in Actions on the communities (Quick Tips) - everything from using the Navigator tool, to creating your Cases (My RSA), to receiving critical Advisories, and introducing you to enhancement requests on Ideas for RSA Archer.

The documents reside on the public RSA Archer Suite; to access, anytime, simply click on the magnifying glass and type the word Quick – it’s that easy!

We hope you find these documents helpful!

EXPERIENCE THE NEW STREAMLINED myRSA

The new myRSA portal, a new web platform for managing your RSA assets, has replaced the former Download Central platform; this change began on February 13.

For more information, we encourage you to watch the video, Introduction to myRSA  and to read the blog post, myRSA, Coming Soon to Improve Your RSA Experience

RSA LINK SELF-HELP FAQs: NEW ADDITIONS

QUESTION

SELF-SERVE HELP

Register for RSA Link Account

How Do I Register for a RSA Link Account ‘with’ Access to the private RSA Archer Customer/Partner Community?

LINK

How Do I Re-Register As a Customer or Partner on RSA Link?

LINK

How Do I Find My RSA Archer License Key?

LINK

How Do I Add Colleagues To My RSA Link Account?

LINK

How Do I Configure the Privacy Settings for My RSA Link Account?

LINK

Why Won’t My RSA Link Credentials Work When Logging In on RSA University?

LINK

Changes to My RSA Link Account

How Do I Request A New Password?

LINK

How Do I Reset the On Demand Application (ODA) PIN for My RSA Link Account?

LINK

How Do I Reset My Security Questions?

LINK

How Do I Add a New RSA Archer License Key to an Existing RSA Link Account

LINK

Email Address: I Changed Companies, How Do I Update My Email?

LINK

Email Address: My Company Has Changed Names or Been Acquired, How Do I Update My Email Address?

LINK

How Do I Add a New Product to my RSA Link Account?

LINK

How to Open a Technical Support Case Via Case Management Portal on RSA Link?

LINK

How to Download the RSA Archer Full Installer on RSA Link?

LINK

How to Create Custom Activity Stream on RSA Link?

LINK

ERROR MESSAGES

‘Access Denied’ When Logging In?

LINK

Agent Integration When Logging In?

LINK

SSO Error Is Displayed When Accessing Case Management Portal on RSA Link?

LINK

RSA UNIVERSITY: HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT THE NEW RSA CERTIFICATION PROGRAM?

The RSA Certification Program is now live and provides technology professionals like yourself with the knowledge, skills, and credentials you need to deploy and maintain reliable enterprise security systems. Certifications are available for the RSA Archer® Suite, the RSA NetWitness® Suite, and the RSA SecurID® Suite.

For more information, visit the RSA Certification page to stay up to date with the latest information from RSA University. Confused about which course(s) you might need to prepare for the exam? RSA U has set up role-based curriculum paths to help. Check out the RSA Archer Administration path and make certification your career goal for 2018!

RSA GLOBAL SERVICES THANKS THE U.S. MILITARY – FREE EXAM VOUCHERS FOR ANY RSA PRODUCT OFFER CONTINUES

Launching on Veteran’s Day the $150 certification ‘exam’ fee for RSA products – RSA Archer Suite, RSA NetWitness Platform, and RSA SecurID Suite is free for U.S. veterans.

This offer is ideal for any veterans who are customers or users of RSA products who may already be familiar enough to pass the certification exams or for those who already took the product training and would like to take the certification exam.

More information on the simple two-step process for a free certification process voucher is available

RSA ARCHER COURSE SCHEDULE: MAY & JUNE 2019

RSA Archer 6   

Admin I

Theater

Start

Date

End

Date

AMERICAS

05/13/201905/16/2019 Online

APJ

06/11/201906/14/2019

Sydney Australia

EMC Office, Level 2 #3

Innovation Road

EMEA

06/17/201906/20/2019

United Kingdom

Bracknell

AMERICAS

06/18/201906/21/2019

Massachusetts

174 Middlesex Tnpk

Bedford

RSA Archer 6

Admin II

AMERICAS

05/14/201905/17/2019

New York

EMEA05/21/201905/24/2019

United Kingdom

Bracknell

AMERICAS05/21/201905/24/2019

Georgia

Atlanta

AMERICAS06/03/201906/06/2019

Kansas

Overland Park

AMERICAS06/10/201906/13/2019

Virginia

RSA NetWitness

10700 Parkridge Blvd

RSA Archer 

New User Experience

AMERICAS

06/03/2019

06/03/2019

RSA Archer Infrastructure Administration

AMERICAS

05/16/2019

05/17/2019

AMERICAS

06/04/2019

06/05/2019

RSA Archer 6 Platform Fundamentals for Business Users

RSA Archer 6 Reporting & Navigation

AMERICAS

05/03/210905/03/2019

RSA Archer Assessment and Authorization for Public Sector

AMERICAS

06/06/201906/07//2019

To View the full RSA Product Courses being offer across all product lines,  go to the new RSA UNIVERSITY on RSA Link. You may then REGISTER, and/or check out the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS for more information.

EOPS – END OF PRIMARY SUPPORT*

*RSA ANNOUNCES END OF PRIMARY SUPPORT (EOPS) FOR RSA ARCHER RELEASE 6.1

RSA, a Dell Technologies business, announces the scheduled End of Primary Support (EOPS) for RSA Archer Suite version 6.1 as well as all derivative patches effective May 31, 2019. No Extended Support will be offered for this version. Customers under current maintenance contracts can update to the latest version of RSA Archer Release 6.6

We are including the EOPS schedule in each issue for the convenience our of customers.

Please be advised that RSA Archer Version 5.5 is no longer supported as of December 31, 2017. Once a product reaches EOPS, RSA Archer Technical Support is no longer available under base support/maintenance agreements.

Extended Support is being offered through December 31, 2018, to those customers with a current maintenance contract as a prerequisite to an Extended Support purchase. Extended Support does not include Hot Fixes, best effort support only. For questions, please refer to the Product Version Life Cycle.

We strongly recommend you contact your local Existing Accounts Manager with assistance in upgrading to a supported 6.x version

BMTProductVersion

EOPS

Date

Extended

Support

Year 1*

Extended

Support

Year 2**

Upgrade

Path

RSARSA Archer GRC6.6Apr-2022NoNoTBD
RSARSA Archer GRC6.5Oct-2021NoNo6.6
RSARSA Archer GRC6.4Apr-2021No No6.5
RSARSA Archer GRC6.3Oct-2020NoNo6.4
RSARSA Archer GRC6.2Feb-2020NoNo6.3
RSARSA Archer GRC6.1May-2019NoNo6.2 P1
RSARSA Archer GRC
6.0***Nov-2018NoNo6.1
RSARSA Archer GRC5.5Dec-2017NoYes - Thru Dec 20186.1
RSARSA Archer GRC5.4Jun-2016NoNo5.5
RSARSA Archer GRC5.3 Oct-2015YesYes5.4
RSARSA Archer GRC5.2Dec-2014NoNo5.3
RSARSA Archer GRC5.1Jul-2014NoNo5.3
RSARSA Archer GRC5.0Jan-2014NoNo5.3
RSARSA Archer SmartSuite4.5Jun-2013YesNo5.3
RSARSA Archer SmartSuite Framework3.x-4.3Mar-2013NoNo5.3

*Expires one year beyond EOPS date, unless otherwise stated. Includes Hot fixes for Severity 1 issues

** Expires two years beyond EOPS date, unless otherwise stated. No Hot fixes; best effort support only

***6.0 was a Limited Availability release and not available to all customers 

Attachments

Outcomes