Use Case for Public Sector Solutions
RSA Archer Assessment & Authorization (A&A) allows the organization to assess and authorize all new information systems before they go into production to ensure they are operating at an acceptable level of risk. It gives the authorization team the tools and capabilities to define authorization boundaries, allocate and assess controls, assemble authorization packages, make informed authorization decisions, and determine whether each information system stays within acceptable risk parameters. RSA Archer A&A allows organizations to comply with FISMA and OMB requirements while improving security. This use case also integrates with RSA Archer Continuous Monitoring to provide a true Ongoing Authorization (OA) capability.
With RSA Archer Assessment & Authorization, you can more effectively identify, manage, and mitigate issues, including common (inherited) control management. These capabilities enable organizational resources to be more productive in their role by eliminating bottlenecks and inefficient manual processes. Reporting and authorization artifacts can now be automatically updated providing Senior Executives and business owners with accurate real-time data to enable better-informed business decisions to be made to ensure organizational compliance maintained and effective security measures are proactively enacted.
- Authorization boundary definition
- Electronic signatures and PIN authorization enable digital signatures and signature tracking
- Clear and justified security categorization
- Customized control allocation and assessment
- Authorization package creation and approval workflow
- Informed authorization decision-making and issue remediation (POA&M)
- Monitoring strategy and Ongoing Authorization (OA)
RSA Archer Assessment & Authorization provides:
- Savings in labor hours
- More informed decision making and greater assurance in decisions
- Expedited approval of records and signature tracking throughout the record lifecycle
- Improved controls tracking across the organization
- Reduction of overall IT and security risk
For More Information
To learn more about RSA Archer Assessment & Authorization:
- Read the RSA Archer Assessment & Authorization data sheet
- Watch a brief RSA Archer Assessment & Authorization demo video (requires membership in the private Archer Customer/Partner Community)
To learn more about how RSA products, services, and solutions can help solve your business and IT challenges, contact your local representative or authorized reseller—or visit us at www.rsa.com. If you are an existing RSA Archer customer and have questions or require additional information about licensing, please contact RSA Archer at firstname.lastname@example.org.