RSA Adaptive Federation enables secure and convenient access to cloud-based applications via easy-to-use, federated single sign on (FSSO). By providing identity federation as a service, RSA Adaptive Federation gives you flexible, scalable support without additional hardware, software, agents, or data stores.
Below are the RSA Adaptive Federation web browser and Enterprise Connector platform specifications
- Windows XP - Internet Explorer 8; Firefox; Safari 5; Chrome
- Windows Vista - Internet Explorer 8 and 9; Firefox
- Windows 7 - Internet Explorer 8 and 9; Firefox; Safari 5; Chrome
- Mac OS X through 10.7 - Firefox; Safari 5; Chrome
Enterprise Connector (virtual appliance)
- Hypervisor compatibility: vSphere 4.0 and later
- Minimum Hardware Requirements for the Server
- Processor: 1 Intel Xeon Dual Core, 3.0GHz, 4MB cache
- Memory: 4GB DDR2 667MHz, ECC registered
- On-board LAN: One10/100 /1000 Base-TX ports
- Storage: 15GB
RSA Adaptive Federation enables secure and convenient access to cloud-based applications via easy-to-use, federated single sign on (FSSO). By providing identity federation as a service, RSA Adaptive Federation gives you flexible, scalable support without additional hardware, software, agents, or data store.
General product feature set includes
- Secure access to SaaS applications - RSA Adaptive Federation provides Federated Single Sign-On (Via SAML 1.1, SAML 2.0) for both identity provider (IdP) and service provider (SP) models, as well as RSA SecurID integration for two-factor authentication.
- Lower identity-federation costs - The cloud-based federation service reduces deployment and operating costs and leverages your existing Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure.
- Increased user productivity and satisfaction- Users enjoy easy, one-click, on-demand access.
- Secure hosted data center - Powered by VMware Horizon, RSA Adaptive Federation resides in high availability/disaster recovery, load-balanced, secure, SAS 70 Type II-compliant data centers. A Network Operations Center monitors physical and digital performance and security 24 x 7 x 365.
The RSA Adaptive Federation 1.5 release delivers the following new feature set
Enterprise Connector: Supports end-user authentication and single-sign on through application manager to existing directory services, profiles, and policies without making changes or disrupting existing directory architectures. New functionality includes
- Support for multi-domain, single forest Microsoft Active Directory
- Simplified Windows Authentication (Kerberos) configuration
User Application Catalog: In this release, the user application catalog has several new enhancements. The unified user application catalog in the user web interface delivers a single IT view of all entitled SaaS and Web applications across the public and private cloud. The catalog comes with an inventory of industry leading SaaS applications to streamline deployment. In addition, your IT department is able to customize the catalog to support existing applications by adding the new applications. New functionality includes
- Ships with SaaS templates for major SaaS applications like Salesforce.com
- SaaS templates provided to make it easy to set up federation (SSO)
- Add your own SaaS App
Administrators can add their own SaaS applications using federation standards. UI based for easy setup and
- SaaS provisioning adapter SDK
- Java SDK for Partners/Integrators to create provisioning adapters.
- Adapters are uploaded by operators
To obtain the latest RSA product downloads, log on to RSA Link at https://community.rsa.com and click Products in the top navigation menu. Select the specific product whose download you want to obtain. Scroll to the section for the product download that you want and click on the link.
To obtain RSA documentation, log on to RSA Link at https://community.rsa.com and click Products in the top navigation menu. Select the specific product whose documentation you want to obtain. Scroll to the section for the product version that you want and click the set link.
Obtaining More Information:
For more information about RSA Adaptive Federation, visit the RSA web site at http://www.emc.com/security/rsa-identity-and-access-management.htm.
Getting Support and Service:
For customers with current maintenance contracts, contact your local RSA Customer Support center with any additional questions regarding this RSA SecurCare Note. For contact telephone numbers or e-mail addresses, log on to RSA Link at https://community.rsa.com, click Help & Contact, and then click the Contact Us - Phone tab or the Contact Us - Email tab.
General Customer Support Information:
RSA Link Community:
RSA has a defined End of Primary Support policy associated with all major versions. Please refer to the link below for additional details.
About RSA SecurCare Notes & Security Advisories Subscription
RSA SecurCare Notes & Security Advisories are targeted e-mail messages that RSA sends you based on the RSA product family you currently use. If youÕd like to stop receiving RSA SecurCare Notes & Security Advisories, or if youÕd like to change which RSA product family Notes & Security Advisories you currently receive, log on to RSA SecurCare Online at https://community.rsa.com/community/products. Following the instructions on the page, remove the check mark next to the RSA product family whose Notes & Security Advisories you no longer want to receive. Click the Submit button to save your selection.
RSA Customer Support