As part of continuous improvements to our manufacturing and shipping processes, RSA is announcing enhancements to the RSA SecurID token record media packaging, RSA SID 700 token and language support.
RSA Authentication Manager and RSA SecurID Tokens
As part of continuous improvement to our RSA SecurID manufacturing and shipping processes, RSA is announcing enhancements that will enable our customers to better process their RSA SecurID token orders and use RSA tokens. These improvements include:
- RSA SecurID Token Record Media Replacement: RSA policy is that requests for RSA SecurID Token Record Media replacement will NOT be accepted beyond 150 days following the ORIGINAL order fulfillment (as defined by the ship date of the ORIGINAL order from RSA).
- New Tamper-Evident Packaging for Token Shipments. The packaging includes a new folder and foil wrapper for the RSA SecurID Token Record Media CD, a tamper-evident sticker that changes colors when opened, and printing on the CD itself that indicates whether it is ORIGINAL or REPLACEMENT media. This packaging is now shipping for most orders.
- Improved Readability of RSA SID 700 hardware tokens. RSA has now completed the cutover of a manufacturing refresh of the RSA SecurID 700 key fob token. This enhancement makes the RSA SID 700 token appear with thicker line segments resulting in greater readability of the token display to the end user.
- New Language Support for RSA Download Central. RSA Download Central now supports 9 languages including English, French, German, Russian, Latin American Spanish, Korean, Japanese, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese and Chinese. This site is used for the online retrieval of decryption codes and licenses.
- RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 SP1 Foreign Language Packs Now Available. The language packs localize the AM 8.1 SP1 software management inferace. The new files are available on RSA SecurCare Online here:https://knowledge.rsasecurity.com/scolcms/set.aspx?id=9970
If you have questions about any of the follow announcements, please contact your RSA representative for more information.
RSA Authentication Manager and RSA Authentication Manager Appliances, all versions
Customers should make themselves aware of the operational improvements and make any changes to their order and receiving processes to accommodate, for example, the new tamper-evident packaging.