Which browsers are recommended for virtual or on-Demand classrooms?
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- If one of the above does not work, we recommend clearing your browsing history and/or trying the other browser.
Browsing Courses and Schedules
Where can I access the course catalog and schedules?
- Go to the RSA University home page and browse available training by clicking the product icon listed below each product suite.
- Classroom Training: Click the course title to view the course description and schedule.
- Please Note: The Schedule Only tab will allow you to view the current schedule without logging in or creating an Education account. Use the Schedule & Register tab when you are ready to process your registration.
- On-Demand Learning: Click the course title to view the course description and then click the Access Training tab when you are ready to register.
- On-Demand Lab: Click the course title to view the course description and then click the Register tab when you are ready to register. Use the On-Demand Lab Details tab to view details.
What if the class I want to attend is not available near my location?
- You may want to consider registering for a virtual led class. These are delivered via ZOOM Web Conferencing.
Creating an Education Account & Registering for Training
Can I register for training without creating an Education account?
- No, you must have a valid Education account in order to access all RSA training. Click here for instructions.
Can I register without creating an RSA Link account?
- Yes, you can access course descriptions and schedules without logging into RSA University. A login to the RSA Link affords you access to customer forums and other areas of the site but it is not needed to register for classes.
I have created my Education account, but I get stuck on the ‘Authenticating’ screen. How do I access my Education account?
- It can take up to 10 minutes once you create an Education account before you’re able to access your Education account. If you still can’t login after 10 minutes, clear your browser and double check that you have verified your Education account. You should have received an email with steps to verify your Education account. If you still have questions or experience access difficulties, please contact RSA University for assistance.
How do I register multiple students for a class?
- Unfortunately, each student will need to create their own Education account. If payment is made with a credit card, each student must login to process their own registration and payment. If training credits will be applied to each registration, you may need to request assistance to process the registrations once each attendee has created their Education account. Please provide the student names and email addresses along with the course (date and location) and SO/PO# for the training credits that will be applied. Click here to contact RSA University for assistance.
How do I know that I am confirmed for a class?
- After your payment (credit card or training credits) have been successfully applied to your order, you will receive a confirmation email. We recommend that you print/save the order receipt for your records. Once you leave the page, you will no longer have access to view the receipt.
When do my course fees have to be paid?
- All payments must be made at the time of registration.
How do I obtain a Purchase Order for Training Credits or On-Demand Labs?
- You will need to work with your account manager to obtain a quote. Contact us if you need help finding your account manager.
Can I pay with a credit card?
- Select the credit card option when prompted to select your form of payment. We accept major credit cards such as MasterCard, VISA, Discover, Direct Debit and American Express. A confirmation will be generated once your credit card has been processed. This can take up to two business days.
Can RSA process my credit card payment over the phone?
- Unfortunately no, we do not have the ability to process credit card payments on behalf of our customers.
Will my credit card be refunded if I need to cancel my registration?
- As long as you have cancelled your registration at least 2 weeks (14 days/10 business days) prior to the start of class, you will receive a full refund. Please contact us for assistance with this process.
Where can I find more information regarding On-Demand Subscriptions?
- To learn more about On-Demand Subscriptions, view Subscription information here.
Classroom Training (Instructor-led Training)
What time do classes start and end?
- The class start time is indicated on the class confirmation letter you will receive via email once you have successfully completed the registration process. Times include a lunch break as well as 15 minute mid-morning and mid-afternoon breaks.
- In person sessions are scheduled to start at 9:00am and end at 5:00pm, unless otherwise indicated.
- Virtual/Online classes are scheduled to start at 10:00am and end at 6:00pm via ZOOM Web Conferencing, unless otherwise indicated. (Americas – EST, EMEA – GMT)
What is the appropriate attire for class attendance?
- Casual attire is recommended.
Where can I find directions and hotel information?
- Confirmed registrants will receive a confirmation email that provides information regarding the class location and hotel recommendations. If you cannot find this information, please contact us for assistance.
Do I need to bring a laptop?
- You will need a laptop in order to access the virtual lab environment. Additional requirements are outlined in your confirmation email.
Who will be my Instructor?
- Our instructors can be scheduled up until the last minute. We assure you that each of our instructors are fully qualified and certified before they are permitted to teach any course.
What if I need to request a travel letter for Visa Purposes?
- Contact us with the subject line: *Travel Letter Request* and a training coordinator will provide you with a letter.
On-Demand Learning & On-Demand Labs
How do I register for On-Demand courses?
- You will need to create an Education account in order to register. Click here for instructions.
How do I access my Lab?
- Please contact us to have your lab provisioned. Provide the following information: course/lab title, order #, email address, your region (Americas, EMEA, APAC).
How long will the lab be available to me?
- You will have either 2 weeks (14 days) from the date in which the lab was provisioned or 10 hours of run time. Your lab will expire after 14 days, regardless of whether you have run time remaining at that point.
What is onsite training?
- In addition to our publicly-scheduled classes, most of our classroom training can be delivered onsite at your location or online via ZOOM web conferencing services. The course content, agenda and timing can be tailored to your specific needs, or you may choose the standard content for any course. All requests to customize a course delivery must be communicated prior to scheduling delivery dates. The minimum course delivery duration for onsite training is two days.
How much lead time do I need to schedule onsite training?
- To schedule onsite training, please plan 6 weeks in advance. We require confirmation of the required equipment checklist and payment prior to scheduling and confirming a delivery date. Confirmation is required 2 weeks before the start date of classes in the U.S and 3 weeks before international classes. Once the date is firmly scheduled, our cancellation policy becomes effective.
How do I arrange an onsite training class?
- Please contact us for assistance.
How many students can participate?
- Classes are priced for up to 10 students. We can allow up to 15 students to participate as long as payment for each additional attendee is provided prior to delivery.
What if my location has specific security-access requirements?
- If special security passes or access is required, please contact the registrar to arrange this prior to the instructor’s arrival.
Class Preparation, Prework & Post-class Information
When will I get my course materials?
- Course materials are shared on the Thursday/Friday prior to the start of class. You will receive an email from your instructor containing an FTP link to download your course materials. You will have 7 days to download the files before the FTP link expires.
What if I don’t have a tablet to access my eBook materials during class?
- We recommend printing if you are unable to access the materials from a tablet, dual monitor or mobile device.
Why do I need to run the Connectivity Checker?
- This will confirm your ability to access the virtual lab environment used in class. Click here to view the Connectivity Checker instructions.
What if my connection does not meet the requirements?
- First, check to see that you are testing the correct region (US-East-2 or US-Central for all locations in North America, Canada, Central America, South America and hardwired EMC training Facilities around the world. EMEA or APAC-2 for all users connecting via wireless in their region). Second, try a different browser.
When will I receive the link to access my lab environment?
- You will receive an email from email@example.com on the Thursday prior to the start of class with a link to your lab environment. Your lab will automatically start on the first day of class. You will not be able to access labs before that date.
Where is my online class hosted?
- On the Thursday prior to the start of class, you will receive a ZOOM web conferencing invitation with instructions to log into the virtual training center.
How do I access my Certificate of Completion?
- Log into your Education account here, go to the My Account drop down menu and click My Training. Click the option to View/Print your Certificate of Completion.
Do RSA Training courses count toward CPE/Continuous Education credits for other certifications?
- All training taken through RSA University can be presented to your certificate’s governing body for validation, and in most cases, is accepted without additional verification necessary. RSA University cannot guarantee CPE credits for any certification, as each certificate’s governing body carries its own rules and it is up to the certification holder to determine into which domain a given training fits. Please use the My Training menu within your Education account to print out your Certificate of Completion to provide to your organization as proof of completion.
Cancellations & Rescheduling
What happens if RSA needs to cancel or reschedule a class?
- Please refer to our cancellation policy for details.
How will I know if my course has been rescheduled?
- An RSA University training coordinator will contact you via email or phone. Once you have been notified, you may reschedule. RSA University shall not be liable for any other costs including, but not limited to, any non-refundable travel arrangements if a course is rescheduled or cancelled.
What if I need to reschedule or cancel my registration?
- As long as a request to cancel or reschedule training is submitted prior to the 2 week non-refundable cancellation period, your request will be processed at no charge.
RSA Certification Exams
Who can take the Certification Exams?
- Any audience may take the exams: customers, partners, and employees. If you are a partner, consult with your Channel Manager to confirm certification requirements.
I have taken the recommended training. How do I register for the Certification Exam?
- You can register and schedule your exam through Pearson Vue.
What is Pearson VUE?
- RSA University has partnered with Pearson VUE to administer proctored exams at authorized test centers and online via live online proctored testing. With over 5,000 authorized testing centers in more than 165 countries, Pearson VUE offers a worldwide resource to support the RSA University Certification Program.
How much is the exam?
- There is a $150 fee due at registration.
How much is it to retake an exam?
- There is a $150 fee due at registration.
Which Certification Exams are offered?
- RSA Archer Associate Exam
- RSA Archer Professional Exam
- RSA NetWitness Logs & Network Analyst Exam
- RSA NetWitness Logs & Network Administrator Exam
- RSA NetWitness Endpoint Analyst Exam
- RSA NetWitness Endpoint Administrator Exam
- RSA SecurID Access Associate Exam
- RSA SecurID Access Professional Exam
- RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle Associate Exam
- RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle Professional Exam
What will Certifications look like?
- Certifications are in the form of badges that may be shared on social media or appended to your email signature. Visit Acclaim to see each badge and each badge's description.
When should I expect to receive my Certification after passing the exam?
- You will receive access to your Acclaim Badge within 1 day of passing the exam. An email with instructions to accept your badge will be sent to the email address provided at the time of registration.
Will I receive a hard copy of my certification?
- We do not send hard copies of the Certification; however, you can use the share option to download and print a copy of your badge.
Can I retake the exam?
- Yes, you may take the exam as many times as you would like, but you will be responsible for the $150 exam fee each time. If you do not pass an exam on your second attempt, you must wait at least 2 weeks (14 days) between each additional attempt.