To tailor Security Analytics to better serve your site and methods, you can create custom dashboards. Some reasons for creating custom dashboards are:
- Consolidate related functionality on a single dashboard.
- Create a Unified dashboard with a collection of dashlets for all modules.
- Create a dashboard to consolidate dashlets for different network locations.
- Create an overview of a given module's capabilities.
- Consolidate dashlets that apply to a specific scenario.
Create a Custom Dashboard
- In the Security Analytics dashboard, select > Create New Dashboard.
The Create a Dashboard dialog is displayed.
- Type the title for the new dashboard. You can type letters, numbers, special characters, and spaces for the name. The permitted length of the name is 255 characters.
- Select a Layout option for the new dashboard.
The dashboard is created and added to the Dashboard selection list
Now that you have created a dashboard, you can:
- Add dashlets to the dashboard.
- Export the dashboard.
- Remove the dashboard.
- Rename the dashboard.
Select a Dashboard
- To switch between dashboards in a Security Analytics module, click on the Dashboard Selection List.
The Dashboard Selection List is displayed.
- Select the dashboard that you want to view.
The selected dashboard is displayed.
Rename a Custom Dashboard
- In the dashboard toolbar, select > Rename Dashboard.
The Rename Dashboard dialog is displayed.
- In the New Dashboard Title field, enter a new title for the dashboard.
- Click Rename.
The dashboard is updated with the new title.
Remove a Custom Dashboard
If you find that the Dashboard Selection List in Security Analytics includes custom dashboards that are no longer needed, you can remove the unused dashboards. The dashboard to be removed must be displayed. The default dashboard cannot be removed.
Note: If you want the dashboard to be available at some future time, you can export the dashboard before removing it as described in Importing and Exporting Dashboards.
- In the Dashboard Selection List, select the unused dashboard; for example, Region 3.
The dashboard is displayed.
- In the dashboard toolbar, select .
A dialog asks for confirmation that you want to remove the dashboard.
- To confirm deletion of the dashboard, click Yes.
The dashboard is removed from the Dashboard Selection List.