These documents describe how to use PING to back up and restore the RSA Authentication Manager hardware appliance. Scroll down to see the PDF files.
Note: RSA Authentication Manager 8.4 supports Clonezilla. For more information, see Using Clonezilla to Back Up and Restore the RSA Authentication Manager 8.4 Hardware Appliance.
RSA tested PING Release 4.00 2016-06-27 with kernel 4.3.0 with RSA Authentication Manager 8.3 and version 8.2 SP1 on the following appliance models:
- RSA SecurID Appliance 130 (Dell PowerEdge R230)
- RSA SecurID Appliance 250 (Dell PowerEdge R630)
RSA tested PING Release 3.02 2011-12-10 with kernel 3.1.2 with RSA Authentication Manager 8.3, version 8.2 SP1, version 8.2, and version 8.1 SP1 on the following appliance models:
- RSA SecurID Appliance 130 (Intel)
- RSA SecurID Appliance 250 (Intel)
- RSA SecurID Appliance 130 (Dell PowerEdge R210)
- RSA SecurID Appliance 250 (Dell PowerEdge R710)
To use PING to create a backup image of the RSA SecurID Appliance 3.0, see the Knowledgebase article number 000027254, “How to backup and restore an RSA SecurID Appliance 3.0 using PING” (Login required).
For the most current PING software and documentation, refer to the website http://ping.windowsdream.com/