You can view and edit information about services using options in the View menu for a service.
Purpose of Each Service View
Each view displays a functional piece of a service and is described in detail in its own section:
- Services System View shows a summary of service, appliance service, host user, license, and session information.
- Services Stats View provides a way to monitor service operations and status.
- Services Config View is for configuring all aspects of a service.
- Services Explore View is for viewing and editing host and service configurations.
- Services Logs View shows service logs that you can search.
- Services Security View is a way to add Security Analytics Core user accounts for aggregation, thick client users, and REST API users.
Access a Service View
To access a view for a service:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > Services.
The View menu is displayed.
From the options on the left, select a view.
This is a System view for a Concentrator.
Use the toolbar to navigate:
- Click Change Service to select another service.
- Click the name of the current service, EL5EL6Conc in the example, to see the service configuration for it.
The letter in the icon to the left of the name indicates the type of service:
- B for Broker
- C for Concentrator
- D for Decoder and Log Decoder.
- Click to the right of the current view, which is System in the example, to select a different view.