This topic provides instructions on how to set access control for a report.
Make sure that:
- You have understood the components of the Report view. For more information, see Report View.
- You have understood the access permissions the user will have depending on the user role. For more information, see Manage Access for a Report or Report Group.
- You have a minimal 'Read & Write' access permission to set access permissions for a report.
Perform the following steps to set access permissions for a report:
- In the Security Analytics menu, click Administration > Reports.
The Manage tab is displayed.
- Click Reports.
The Report view is displayed.
- In the Report List panel, select a report.
- Click > Permissions.
The Reports Permissions dialog is displayed.
- Based on the user role, select the appropriate buttons.
- (Optional) Select the checkbox, if you want to provide read access permission to rules in the reports.
Note: On selecting the check box, all dependent rules are given READ access permission, provided the permissions for the report is higher compared to the permissions of the rules.
- Click Save.
A confirmation message that the permission is set for the selected report is displayed.