This topic describes the functions and features of the Manage Meta Groups dialog.
In the Manage Meta Groups dialog, you can add, delete, import, and export meta groups.
To access this dialog:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Investigation > Navigate.
The Investigate dialog is displayed.
- Select a service, then click Navigate.
- In the Navigate View toolbar, select Meta > Manage Meta Groups.
The Manage Meta Groups dialog is displayed.
Procedures that you can perform in this dialog are described in Manage User-Defined Meta Groups.
The Manage Meta Groups dialog has two panels. The following table describes the buttons at the bottom of the dialog.
|Close||Closes the dialog.|
|Cancel||Cancels all changes.|
|Save||Saves all changes.|
|Save and Apply||Saves and immediately applies all changes.|
Meta Groups Panel
The Meta Groups panel is on the left side of the Manage Meta Groups dialog. This is where you can add, delete, import, and export meta groups.
The following table describes the features of the Meta Groups panel.
|Adds a meta group using the Settings panel on the right side of the Manage Meta Groups dialog.|
|Deletes the selected meta group. A confirmation dialog is displayed before the meta group is deleted.|
|Displays the Meta Group Import dialog, where you can upload a file.|
|Exports the selected meta group to your computer.|
|Group Name||Lists all meta group names.|
The Settings panel is on the right side of the Manage Meta Groups dialog. This is where you create and edit meta groups. Below the Name field is the Meta Keys grid.
The following table describes the features of the Settings panel.
|Name||Displays the name of the selected meta group.|
|Displays the Available Meta Keys dialog, where you can select meta keys to add to the group.|
|Deletes the selected meta keys.|
|Displays a drop-down menu, where you can select the view for all meta keys. There are four options based on the possible values for the defaultAction property used to define a key in the custom index file for the service: |
- Hidden: These meta keys are hidden by default, and are not shown in Investigation at all.
- Open: The values of this meta key are displayed by default.
- Close: The values of this meta key are closed by default, and can be opened manually.
- Auto: Reverts to the default view for meta keys as specified in the service index file.
|Display Name||Indicates the name that is displayed for the key in Investigation views, and is defined by the description property for the key in the custom index file for the service..|
|Key Name||Indicates the name of the meta key as defined in the custom index file for the service.|
|View||Indicates which view the meta key is set to. You can change this by either: |
- Clicking , then selecting a view in order to change all meta key views.
- Clicking a single meta key in the View column, then opening the drop-down menu in which all available views are displayed, in order to change an individual meta key view.