This topic tells you how to set up a Failover Remote Collector for a Remote Collector.
After completing this procedure, you will have set up a destination made up of Remote Collectors such that when the primary Remote Collector is unreachable, the Remote Collector attempts to connect to each Remote Collector in this destination until it makes a successful connection.
Return to Procedures
Configure a Failover Remote Collector
You can set up a Failover Remote Collector that Security Analytics will fail over to if your primary Remote Collector stops operating for any reason.
The following figure shows you how to set up a failover Remote Collector.
Select the Local Collectors tab, select Sources in Select Configuration drop-down menu, and click to display in Add Source dialog.
Add a standby Remote Collector.
Newly added standby Remote Collector is displayed in the Local Collector tab.
Set Up a Failover Remote Collector:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > Services.
- In Services, select a Remote Collector.
- Click under Actions and select View > Config.
The Service Config view is displayed with the Log Collector General tab open.
- Select the Local Collectors tab.
- Select Sources in Select Configuration drop-down menu.
- Click to display in Add Source dialog.
- Define the failover Remote Collector and click OK.