|Applies To||RSA Product Set: Security Analytics|
RSA Version/Condition: 10.3.x, 10.4.0.2, 10.4.1
|Issue||If the Security Analytics Q4 2014 Security Patch has already been applied to a Security Analytics 10.3.x environment, attempting to upgrade to version 10.4.0.2 or 10.4.1 will result in package dependency errors.|
|Cause||This issue occurs because the the Q4 2014 Security Patch is no longer present in the SMCupdate repository.|
If the local repository has also been cleared, then the dependency packages will not exist during the upgrade and errors will occur.
|Resolution||In order to resolve the issue and successfully upgrade to version 10.4.0.2 or 10.4.1, follow the steps below.|
If you are unsure of any of the steps above or experience any issues, contact RSA Support and quote this article number for further assistance.
- Download the Security Analytics Q4 2014 Security Update (file name q4bundle14.tgz) from the RSA SecurCare Online portal.
- Rename the downloaded file from q4bundle14.tgz to q4bundle14.zip.
- Upload the Q4 2014 Security Patch to the local Security Analytics server repository.
- In the Security Analytics UI, navigate to Administration -> System -> Updates and click on the Manual Updates tab.
- Click on the Upload Files button and then click on the Add ( + ) button to browse for and select the q4bundle14.zip file. Click the Upload button.
- Select all uploaded files and click on the Apply button.
- Download the Security Analytics version 10.4.0.2 or 10.4.1 update archive from RSA Download Central or RSA SecurCare Online respectively.
NOTE: The latest Security Analytics release can also be obtained using the SMCupdate feature within the Security Analytics UI.
- If the update archive is manually downloaded, upload the file to the local Security Analytics server repository following the same method in Step 2.
- Verify that the netwitness.repo is enabled on the Security Analytics server appliance so that it can also receive the updated packages.
Enabling the netwitness.repo on the Security Analytics server:
- Connect to the Security Analytics server appliance via SSH as the root user.
- Navigate to the /etc/yum.repos.d directory with the following command: cd /etc/yum.repos.d
- Edit the netwitness.repo file in the vi editor with the following command: vi netwitness.repo
- Verify that the fourth line says enabled = 1 and modify it as necessary.
- Save the changes by hitting the escape key followed by :wq! and then hit enter.
- Follow the instructions in the appropriate Upgrade Instructions documentation to upgrade to version 10.4.0.2 or 10.4.1.