|Applies To||Authentication Manager 7.1 on all supported platforms|
|Issue||Generate and load a node secret file Manually|
To generate a Node Secret file manually in Authentication Manager 7.1, follow the steps below:
- Logon to the Security Console
- From the top menu select ACCESS>AUTHENTICATION AGENTS>MANAGE EXISTING (if the agent host entry is not created, select ADD NEW and create a new AGENT HOST Entry for the agent)
- Click on the AGENT and Select MANAGE NODE SECRET...
- Check the CREATE NODE SECRET check Box and enter the Encryption Password.
- Click Save and download the file.
To Load the Node Secret file on the Agent, follow the steps below:
- Copy the "agent_nsload.exe" utility to the Agent Machine (On a Windows server, a copy of agent_nsload.exe can be found in RSA_HOME\utils\bin\ace_nsload where RSA_HOME is the RSA installation directory. On an RSA SecurID Appliance 3.0, agent_nsload.exe can be found in /usr/local/RSASecurity/RSAAuthenticationManager/utils/bin/ace_nsload/linux-2.4-x86).
- Copy the Node Secret file generated to the Agent Machine (unzip the file and place it in a directory on the agent. Example C:\temp)
- Open a command line and run the following command
agent_nsload -f path -p password
Where "path" is the absolute path to nodesecret.rec and Password is the Encryption password set while creating the node secret
NOTE: When the agent_nsload command runs successfully you will see the following.
|Legacy Article ID||a49674|