|Applies To||SecurID Authentication Manager 7.1|
SecurID Authentication Manager 8.0
SMS delivery of tokens
|Issue||Configure token delivery over SMS using Clickatell|
Select ?HTTP for the SMS Plug-in.
Enter the following values in the SMS configuration page:
Base URL :
Ignore for the moment.
HTTP Method :
Parameters (you will need to contact Clickatell for the string to enter in the ?from=<xxxxxxx>? variable): api_id=34263542&user=$cfg.user&password=$cfg.password&to=$msg.address&from=<xxxxxxx>&mo=1&text=$msg.message
Account User Name :
<your Clickatell account name>
Account Password :
<your Clickatell account password>
Connection Timeout :
Success Response Code :
Response Format :
For the certificate:
1. After you update the settings, send a test message to yourself.
2. In the browser window for the test message, change the URL to begin with HTTPS:// and press <Enter> to connect to the URL.
3. When you connect using this you should be able to click on the padlock (or equivalent symbol) on your browser.
4. View the certificates and save the root certificate to a file:
The certificate required for the Clickatell connection is the ?Thawte Premium Server CA (SHA1)? certificate.
5. Go back to the SMS configuration menu in the Security Console and click on <Import Certificate>
6. Change the BASE URL value to:
7. Click <Update>
8. Send yourself another test message:
You may receive an error even though the test message was sent. This is due to a change in the response codes that Clickatell sends and can be safely ignored.
|Notes||The configuration for Clickatell is slightly different between the 7.1 and 8.0 versions of Authentication Manager. In 7.1 there is an option to configure the SMS delivery for Clickatell. Due to changes made by Clickatell in their delivery service, this option will no longer work so you should follow the directions above.|
|Legacy Article ID||a62462|