000026268 - How to change an account password for an RSA Security Analytics device using the REST API

Document created by RSA Customer Support Employee on Jun 14, 2016Last modified by RSA Customer Support Employee on Apr 21, 2017
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Article Content

Article Number000026268
Applies ToRSA Security Analytics
RSA NetWitness NextGen
REST API
IssueHow to change an account password for an RSA Security Analytics device using the REST API.
How can I change my user password for my SA appliance using REST?
ResolutionIn rare circumstances, you may need to change the admin (or a service account) password for a core device outside of the Security Analytics user interface. A simple way to perform a password change is by using the REST API, as shown in the steps below.
  1. Open a web browser and go to the following URL:  <hostname>:<port>
    (where the hostname is the name of a Security Analytics core device and port is the port used for REST communication. Here is an example for a Security Analytics Decoder: 10.20.30.40:50104.)

2. When the authentication dialog is displayed, enter the user name and password used for authentication as admin on the device, and click OK.

3. Navigate through the node structure to users/accounts/admin/config. The user configuration fields for admin are displayed in the browser window.

4. In the Password field, type the new account password and click Set.

If you are unsure of any of the steps above or experience any issues, contact RSA Support and quote this article ID for further assistance.

Legacy Article IDa66348

Attachments

Outcomes