000026676 - How to change an appliance user's password via the command-line using RSA NetWitness NwConsole

Document created by RSA Customer Support Employee on Jun 14, 2016Last modified by RSA Customer Support Employee on Apr 21, 2017
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Article Content

Article Number000026676
Applies ToRSA Security Analytics
RSA Security Analytics Server
RSA Security Analytics All-in-One
RSA Security Analytics Decoder
RSA Security Analytics Log Decoder
RSA Security Analytics Concentrator
RSA Security Analytics Hybrid
RSA Security Analytics Broker
RSA NetWitness NextGen
RSA NetWitness NwConsole
IssueHow to change an appliance user's password via the command-line using RSA NetWitness NwConsole.
How do I reset a device user password on my Security Analytics appliance?
How do I change someone's password on my NetWitness appliance using the command line?
Resolution

To change a device user's password via RSA NetWitness NwConsole, perform the steps below.

1. Connect to the appliance via SSH.
  2. Issue the command NwConsole to enter the NwConsole interface.
  3. Log into the appliance (through either the device port or the appliance port)  as an administrator user by issuing the following command:  login localhost:<service_port> <username>
  4. Enter the administrator's password and press enter.
  5. Issue the following command to change a device user's password:  set /users/accounts/<username>/config/password <new_password>

WARNING!  When resetting a user's password via NwConsole, the password must be typed in plain text.  The password will then be hashed normally.
                      In addition, you need to Remove and Re-add a Source on the Reporting-Engine after changed a password.
                      Please refer to following Online manual for more information.
                      https://sadocs.emc.com/0_en-us/090_10.4_User_Guide/200_SysSecUserMgmt/10_SetUpSysSec/00_ChangeAdmPW

Notes
Legacy Article IDa58792

Attachments

Outcomes